Etsu and Ian chiles update

Shame about Chiles. Dude rolled the dice to come here and can't stay healthy enough to see the floor.

Reactions: 2 people
Hopefully Chiles recovers and finds his way back into the rotation during SEC play. Can't help but root for a guy like that.

I'm not big on NBA, but has his mainly been knees? This is like the third unique injury Chiles has had this year alone.

Yes they have been, if you're focusing in multiple injuries there's nobody that comes to mind

Can you post what the article says? Not a member
Had this beginning paragraph from yesterday. It was available yesterday.
The way Tennessee men’s basketball coach Donnie Tyndall tells it, East Tennessee State coach Murry Bartow helped him get here. Back in 2006, when Tyndall hoped to return to his alma mater for his first Division I head coaching job, Bartow made a phone call to the Morehead State officials he knew. Tyndall got the gig, which led him to Southern Miss, then Tennessee. Wednesday offers a chance to return a favor. “I told him (Bartow), ‘This is payback,’ ” Tyndall said Tuesday. “And if he beats us, we’ll never play him again. I don’t care what job he helped me get.”
Here's the video accompanying the article:
Sharpshooting ETSU will test Tennessee

Last edited:
Talks about adjustments made to the defense in this game. going to see 'Donnie the Strategist' at work today.

Reactions: 1 person
ETSU started the season with their best team in years. They lost 2 post players for the season and now are still decent but have no inside game at all. I thought Tindall had a good strategy by ramping up the tempo a few times and throwing the Bucs' off. He let them frantically pump up 3's the last 5 minutes and averages prevailed. Vols dominated the boards but it was a good effort by ETSU, who will be very competitive in the Southern.

Speaking of hardluck Chiles, ETSU lost a post player (transfer from Providence who had great potential). The guy had open heart surgery last year and knee surgery this year and is done. Now they have no inside game to clean up when the 3 pointers are off.

ETSU's Giplaye suffers knee injury | Johnson City Press

Anyway Tindall is giving some instate schools some exposure and those games are never easy. Donnie is doing a terrific job with the roster he has.

VN Store

Back