Next up - East Tennessee

SeniorDrill

Next up, my alma mater, ETSU, happy with either win :)
2013-14 finished 19-16, beat UT - Chatt CIT (College Invitational Tournament), lost Towson
2014-15, 9-3, now #14 in NCAA is 3 point accuracy at 41.2%, the perfect foil if the other teams shoot their best from beyond the arc theory holds any water.
W Milligan College (E) 94-77
L Valparaiso 76-90
W Virginia-Wise 111-66
W UNC Asheville 98-87
W Winthrop 69-64
W Morehead State 63-59 (Tyndall coached 4 years there)
W Western Carolina 96-89
L UNC Greensboro 79-80
W Eastern Kentucky 63-60
L VCU 60-84 (UT lost 69-85)

What you have with the Bucs is the best overall 3 point shooting team in the country considering 3 players are nationally ranked in 3 point field goals made and %. Rashawn Rembert is ranked 6th in 3 point field goals made (3.89 per game) and 68th in 3 point % (38.9%) . Lester Wilson is ranked 12th in field goals made (3.44 per game) and 50th in 3 point % (41.3%). Jalen Riley is ranked 25th in 3 point field goals made (3.11 per game) and 20th in 3 point % (46.7%). The Bucs are ranked 2nd nationally in 3 point field goals made (11.9 per game).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I can't be upset either way, but I can't root against UT even against my own school. One thing that might be an advantage is that ETSU has an even weaker post game than we do. They shouldn't get many second looks and we may get a few ourselves.

UT shuts Wilson down, and it's game over. They live and die by the three, but Wilson can go off for 20+ on any given day. I saw him put 20+ on Ole Miss a few years ago as a RSFr.

I can't be upset either way, but I can't root against UT even against my own school. One thing that might be an advantage is that ETSU has an even weaker post game than we do. They shouldn't get many second looks and we may get a few ourselves.

There shouldn't be more than 18 points in the paint for etsu,they shot 38 threes against eku

UT shuts Wilson down, and it's game over. They live and die by the three, but Wilson can go off for 20+ on any given day. I saw him put 20+ on Ole Miss a few years ago as a RSFr.

Hembert is the main shooter if he gets going IMO he could easily drop 18-20

Hembert is the main shooter if he gets going IMO he could easily drop 18-20

He's an unreal shooter when he gets hot. I'm also a little biased since I graduated from ETSU, but Wilson is all around their best player IMO. Rembert can shoot it though.

Last edited:
He's an unreal shooter when he gets hot. I'm also a little biased since I graduated from ETSU, but Wilson is all around their best player IMO. Herbert can shoot it though.

Is it Herbert or Hembert? Saw them play eku and the announcers were saying Hembert

Is it Herbert or Hembert? Saw them play eku and the announcers were saying Hembert

It's Rembert. It was a typo on my part lol. You said Hembert and it just stuck for whatever reason, but his name is Rembert.

Last edited:
It's Hembert. It was a typo on my part

Alright lol I was confused during the game,my friend said it was Herbert but I said hembert,we couldn't get a good glimpse of the back of his jersey lol,I think he wound up with 32 that game with about 9 threes

Alright lol I was confused during the game,my friend said it was Herbert but I said hembert,we couldn't get a good glimpse of the back of his jersey lol,I think he wound up with 32 that game with about 9 threes

It's actually Rembert haha. I can't do anything right today... Rembert is who you are thinking of

Lol I knew it was something like that,I just hope we don't hear his name that much Wednesday

Yea, I know he can shoot it. When you said Hembert I was like that doesn't sound right, but at the same time I don't follow ETSU basketball on a day to day bases. It's all good. We got it right finally haha.

Anyways, I've not had a chance to watch ETSU this year, so I'm looking forward to the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea, I know he can shoot it. When you said Hembert I was like that doesn't sound right, but at the same time I don't follow ETSU basketball on a day to day bases. It's all good. We got it right finally haha.

Anyways, I've not had a chance to watch ETSU this year, so I'm looking forward to the game.

They are good, but the Vols should beat them in a close one. I thinks Murry Bartow is a very good coach. I'm surprised he's still at ETSU.

TN, despite the lack of bulk inside, looks like they match up pretty well. The thick post guy for ETSU doesn't score too much.

What kind of defense does Bartow run? The leading scorer for ETDU only weighs 150. Makes me think they would need to run a lot of zone to prevent teams from taking advantage of how tiny he is.

TN, despite the lack of bulk inside, looks like they match up pretty well. The thick post guy for ETSU doesn't score too much.

What kind of defense does Bartow run? The leading scorer for ETDU only weighs 150. Makes me think they would need to run a lot of zone to prevent teams from taking advantage of how tiny he is.
I know they press some,and I think they run a man to man zone,could be wrong

Big game for TN. A win gets them to 8-4 which guarantees a winning record by going 9-9 in the conference. 17-13 and a win or two in the SECT should get them at least on the NCAA bubble.

Best 3 point shooting team we have faced.
Jalen Riley, 28 for 60, 46.7%
Lester Wilson, 31 for 75, 41,3%
Rashawn Rembert, 35 for 90, 38.9%

VN Store

Back