RIP Paul Walther

R.I.P. I send my condolences to the family! May GOD give you peace during this time of bereavement! #GOVOLS

Rest in peace sir, your work here is finished. Thank you for your service and for being a VFL. His wiki write up sounds like a life full of success on the court, family and in business. May his family find solace in this time of loss and realize that the good Lord called him home because his work of 87 years was complete.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like an early Pistol Pete. I'd love to see some video.

"Lefty was probably one of the five best basketball players Tennessee ever had, and maybe the most entertaining one," retired Knoxville Journal sports editor Ben Byrd said. "He could dribble the ball behind his back, through his legs; he did a lot of things to entertain the crowd."

Reactions: 2 people
He has graduated to a higher calling. Thank you sir for being a VFL and may your family know a peace of understanding. Would loved to have seen you play.

GO VOLS!

I apologize for hijacking, but I do not have enough posts to start a thread, and I thought maybe some of you more experienced guys might want to consider splitting this off.

Bobby Carter was a Team Captain 59-61; Here is a short article about his basketball career.
Former Vols guard Bobby

More importantly, he was without a doubt the finest man and best civic leader I ever knew. This tribute in the Jackson sun probably reveals .0001% of the good he did. I guess he gave away more money than he lived on.

Sen. Bobby Carter 'was committed to helping people'

The song "Silver and Gold", that Dolly Parton Recorded (lots of different songs by that name) is a tribute to him from Carl Perkins. There are going to be a lot of people in heaven that'll say "Bobby Carter invited me to go with him".

Anyway, he was one to be proud of for the ages.

Again, sorry for hijacking.

"Soupbean". That's an outstanding nickname. Sounds like he was an amazing VFL. RIP

Last edited:

VN Store

Back