As It Pertains To CDT And Recruiting...

Cletus P Fulmer

I think we must all come to the stark realization that he won't be getting many 4**** recruits and I doubt any 5***** at all. He will get primarily 3*** and juco guys but I do think he has the qualities to "coach up" these players and put them in a system that can win. Lots of programs have done it in the past...Butler, VCU, Davidson, Wichita State. It's easy to win in basketball with lower rated kids than it is in football. I would hope he recruits the state however I'm not sure if he will get many players from Memphis...but who knows.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he'll definitely look for guys that fit the system, more than just having stars next to the name. That being said, I think we're all seeing that stars don't mean anything in the long run. It's an obvious statement, but Hubbs is really driving it in this season so far. He's had some terrible showings.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok he has been on the job five whole minutes. He pulled together a class out of thin air. So tell me how you think this guy will not sign any 4 or 5 star guys. From what i have been reading on here he is after some highly rated guys next year and for 2016. Some people just have no common sense.

Reactions: 10 people
I think he'll definitely look for guys that fit the system, more than just having stars next to the name. That being said, I think we're all seeing that stars don't mean anything in the long run. It's an obvious statement, but Hubbs is really driving it in this season so far. He's had some terrible showings.

Well Cal might disagree but I think kids who stay together 4 years with lesser talent have the chance to make more noise...basketball is such a teacher's game...and there are so many under the radar type guys...that is why I love it more than football. You can't win with 3*** players in this league.

Well Cal might disagree but I think kids who stay together 4 years with lesser talent have the chance to make more noise...basketball is such a teacher's game...and there are so many under the radar type guys...that is why I love it more than football.

Have to remember, Hubbs is pretty much still a frosh.
New system and coach.
Don't think he's a 5 star though.

I think we must all come to the stark realization that he won't be getting many 4**** recruits and I doubt any 5***** at all. He will get primarily 3*** and juco guys but I do think he has the qualities to "coach up" these players and put them in a system that can win. Lots of programs have done it in the past...Butler, VCU, Davidson, Wichita State. It's easy to win in basketball with lower rated kids than it is in football. I would hope he recruits the state however I'm not sure if he will get many players from Memphis...but who knows.

LOL, This guy... :fool:

I don't see why a couple of 4-5 stars wouldn't come to UT. Top 10 attendance and if they are legit 4-5s they get 30+ minutes. Not the case at a KY or Duke when almost the entire roster is made up of 4s and 5s.

Reactions: 1 person

I would think that you are wrong.

The ncaa is the reason our recruiting has slowed down. Hurry up & tell us what the hell is going on. Who wants to commit when u don't know who the coach will be. CDT put together an amazing team in seconds when he took over

Ok he has been on the job five whole minutes. He pulled together a class out of thin air. So tell me how you think this guy will not sign any 4 or 5 star guys. From what i have been reading on here he is after some highly rated guys next year and for 2016. Some people just have no common sense.

What highly rated guys next year (2015)?

I have no idea how CDT will do in recruiting after this mess with the NCAA clears. I am guessing pretty much like the other coaches before him. A couple 4 and 5 start guys here and there, but no top 5 classes. I think Pearl had he not gotten in the mess he did would have eventually had us in perennial top 10 classes.

I think Martin would have had the same if he survived this year. I don't think Martin would have gotten us to NCAA's and people would have screamed for his head.

Anyway, will be hard to judge until NCAA mess clears, but once it does I can see him landing a sprinkling of 4/5 star guys in 2016 and beyond. I don't see him landing any until this mess clears as no one wants to commit when they worry if he will be gone in a year.

Well Cal might disagree but I think kids who stay together 4 years with lesser talent have the chance to make more noise...basketball is such a teacher's game...and there are so many under the radar type guys...that is why I love it more than football. You can't win with 3*** players in this league.

I think we've already seen a team with a lot of freshman can do well. Besides 2013, every single year we've gotten Elite 8 or better.

I hope he proves us wrong, but I think he will need a full season in order to get higher tier interest...

I think Bball is much looser with how they hand out 5-stars than they do in football.
There is an obvious difference in the 5-star talent at UK and in Hubbs. Tobias Harris is the closest thing I've seen at UT to a true 5-star. Stokes was decent, but not a one and done type player. And, will be surprised to see him make it in the NBA based on his limitations.

VN Store

Back