Wiedmer - Coach T worth the risk!

The talking point is this: No. 1, unbeaten Kentucky defeated North Carolina 84-70 on Saturday. Tennessee beat Butler by 12 on Sunday. On Nov. 26, the Bulldogs stunned the Tar Heels, 74-66, which means the Vols could theoretically shock the Cats by six points.

How utterly stupid

Reactions: 5 people
With Wiedmer being a Kentucky homer, I'm not sure how to take that. :unsure:

I like Tyndall, though. The key is whether they can deflect the NCAA crap enough for him to be an effective recruiter. He looked very promising in the Spring and Fall before the news came out.

This. He needs more talent and I have no doubt he can coach.

How utterly stupid

To be fair, Wiedmer qualfied that statement in his next paragraph.

Not that it figures to be that easy when Big Blue blows into Knoxville on Feb. 17. UK is long, strong, deep and relatively experienced for a John Calipari-coached team. And this is also the same UT bunch that's lost to Virginia Commonwealth, Marquette and Kansas (by 15 points), which brings up a less palatable comparative score for the Big Orange Nation, since UK KO'd KU by 32 points in mid-November.

The talking point is this: "No. 1, unbeaten Kentucky defeated North Carolina 84-70 on Saturday. Tennessee beat Butler by 12 on Sunday. On Nov. 26, the Bulldogs stunned the Tar Heels, 74-66, which means the Vols could theoretically shock the Cats by six points."
How utterly stupid
Good deception. That is hardly the talking point! It was said tongue in cheek. This is the talking point:
"But how many other guys in their first year on the job can knock off a top-15 foe by double figures with a team picked to finish 13th in the 14-team SEC?"

To be fair, Wiedmer qualfied that statement in his next paragraph.

Not that it figures to be that easy when Big Blue blows into Knoxville on Feb. 17. UK is long, strong, deep and relatively experienced for a John Calipari-coached team. And this is also the same UT bunch that's lost to Virginia Commonwealth, Marquette and Kansas (by 15 points), which brings up a less palatablez comparative score for the Big Orange Nation, since UK KO'd KU by 32 points in mid-November.

It's still stupid to even write it.

Reactions: 2 people
I like CDT and this team, sure they need an infusion of talent, but I like the way they play and everything that is happening on the floor is not a surprise to anyone. The previous coach left for what I think was very immature reasons and CDT having to restock the shelves........yes, I like this team.

Reactions: 1 person
We really need to keep Tyndall here, he is a really good coach, and once the NCAA stuff clears (hopefully) I think the fans will love him here, because you can tell he knows the importance of getting the fans behind you! I think this guy can take Tennessee basketball to the next level!:rock:

We really need to keep Tyndall here, he is a really good coach, and once the NCAA stuff clears (hopefully) I think the fans will love him here, because you can tell he knows the importance of getting the fans behind you! I think this guy can take Tennessee basketball to the next level!:rock:

I agree. We're gonna have to be patient and realize it's a rebuilding process even if the NCAA investigation didn't exist. All I want to see is improvement every game.

Yet the NCAA continues to turn a blind eye toward Miami, North Carolina & God only knows what Calipari is up to at ky!

VN Store

Back