Teams with comparable athletic ability

87Vol

that have some basketball skills to go with it will wax us every time. Teams just like VCU, Kansas, and NC State.

We are simply a one trick pony or a gun with one bullet, the press. When that doesn't work, we've got nothing.

Reactions: 1 person
You included VCU and Kansas in the same comparison.

Yes, they are both teams that beat us soundly because they are equal to us athletically, yet they have far more basketball skill than we do.

i dont think anyone has ever over stated the amount of talent on this team.

not sure what you are trying to prove?

I'm expressing disappointment because we can't ever seem to recruit any kids that can halfway shoot the ball. We haven't had a single player who could shoot decently from 3 since Lofton and Jajuan Smith.

I'm expressing disappointment because we can't ever seem to recruit any kids that can halfway shoot the ball. We haven't had a single player who could shoot decently from 3 since Lofton and Jajuan Smith.

How silly are you all our good players left when Martin left . He come here and did good to get players. Very sad .

In all fairness, if 22 wasn't hitting everything from downtown this is a close game. Aside from him, we haven't been vastly outplayed. But when 1 player is red hot in b ball it can make all the difference.

How silly are you all our good players left when Martin left . He come here and did good to get players. Very sad .

Martin didn't recruit a single player who could shoot the three. Not one. He did recruit one good inside player in his tenure, Stokes. That was it. To be a good team in college basketball, you need more than a decent full court press.

In all fairness, if 22 wasn't hitting everything from downtown this is a close game. Aside from him, we haven't been vastly outplayed. But when 1 player is red hot in b ball it can make all the difference.

Yes, especially if you don't have anybody on your team that is remotely capable of getting hot as well.

Damn, the man has only been here a minute.

Here is the deal coach Tyndall is a really good coach. IMO best one we hired in awhile and yes that includes the great Bruce pearl. Now bruce was great at motivation and things like that but I actually believe Tyndall might be a better X's and O's coach jmo, but with all the ncaa stuff over his head it's going to be impossible to recruit top talent to compete night in and night out. If he is cleared of any wrong doing more players will come here and I think he will do really well, but only time will tell.

Shows just how clueless this one is! We outshot NC State from 3. We hit 10-11 for 55.6%. They hit 11-26 for 42.3%. 'nuff said. Ignore the bloke! :loco:

Here's a thought for you Yogi. If you are going to call someone clueless, you might not want to say we hit 10-11 for 55.6% in the same post. Don't 'cha think?

Here is the deal coach Tyndall is a really good coach. IMO best one we hired in awhile and yes that includes the great Bruce pearl. Now bruce was great at motivation and things like that but I actually believe Tyndall might be a better X's and O's coach jmo, but with all the ncaa stuff over his head it's going to be impossible to recruit top talent to compete night in and night out. If he is cleared of any wrong doing more players will come here and I think he will do really well, but only time will tell.

Well a couple of things for you:

1) Tyndall put this team together BEFORE any NCAA allegations came out.

2) you don't have to necessarily recruit 5 star talent to find a couple of guards who can consistently shoot the 3. Case in point: neither Lofton or Jajuan Smith were highly recruited.

Reactions: 2 people
Our failure to notice guys with a hot hand is troubling, I understand you are hell bent on that zone, but you've gotta be able to stop guys from going off like multiple guys have against us.

2) you don't have to necessarily recruit 5 star talent to find a couple of guards who can consistently shoot the 3. Case in point: neither Lofton or Jajuan Smith were highly recruited.

1) has nothing to do with her point

2) we made 10 3s tonight. Find something else to ***** about.

Our failure to notice guys with a hot hand is troubling, I understand you are hell bent on that zone, but you've gotta be able to stop guys from going off like multiple guys have against us.

Yep. Tyndall's married to the zone, but how about adjusting to a Box and 1? Can we not do that to stop a hot shooter?

I'm saying, use your best defender to lock them down for a minute.

You can still keep the zone in place

1) has nothing to do with her point

2) we made 10 3s tonight. Find something else to ***** about.

Wrong.

1) She blamed the NCAA stuff for Tyndall not bringing in any talent. I pointed out that this team was put together prior to the NCAA stuff.

2) 10 3's tonight notwithstanding, we can't consistently shoot the ball. We are one of the worst 3 pt. teams in all of college basketball with a 3pt percentage in the low 20's

Wrong.

1) She blamed the NCAA stuff for Tyndall not bringing in any talent. I pointed out that this team was put together prior to the NCAA stuff.

2) 10 3's tonight notwithstanding, we can't consistently shoot the ball. We are one of the worst 3 pt. teams in all of college basketball with a 3pt percentage in the low 20's

With the amount of time coach had to bring guys in are you really using that as a reason to *****?

Teams lose, especially with young teams on the road. Your timing is what's frustrating to me.

With the amount of time coach had to bring guys in are you really using that as a reason to *****?

Teams lose, especially with young teams on the road. Your timing is what's frustrating to me.

No my frustration goes way beyond this team. I know Tyndall did the best he could putting this team together on short notice. The problem is, we have had a decent shooter on the team since Lofton and he was recruited by Buzz back around 2003 or 2004. Why is it we can't ever find shooters? Other teams don't have that problem. Why always us?

No my frustration goes way beyond this team. I know Tyndall did the best he could putting this team together on short notice. The problem is, we have had a decent shooter on the team since Lofton and he was recruited by Buzz back around 2003 or 2004. Why is it we can't ever find shooters? Other teams don't have that problem. Why always us?

Lofton is in a class of his own, but I get what your saying. Coaches usually recruit based off system and potential.(unless your ky) lol

But at this point to address a missing consistent shooter is on the last regime. And I'm not saying they didn't go after them, but my feeling is that group went after them as hard as they did a ref after a blown call.

Did..did you just pick two of the most prolific shooters in Tennessee history and try to say that Tyndall should have brought in a couple of those guys ,during the 4 months he had to recruit, who are apparently just floating around in high school without garnering any attention?

VN Store

Back