Next up - at NC State - 12-17

SeniorDrill

2013-14 Finished 22-14, Got into NCAA with a 21-13 record, Beat Xavier 74-59, Lost to St. Louis in OT 80-83
2014-15 8-2, 9 of 10 games played at home
W Queens(E) 78-47
W Jackson State 93-58
W Hofstra 76-54
W Jacksonville 79-43
W South Florida 78-65
W Richmond 84-72
W Boise State 60-54
L at Purdue 61-66
W Wake Forest 78-65
W Charleston Southern 86-50
L Wofford 54-55

Despite NCSU's last game, this will be a good test of our guys on the road. They should be playing with a lot of confidence after the big win against Butler. A good road win would do big things for them.

Reactions: 1 person
Not a lot to go on with that record. No impressive wins. We need a shooter or 2 besides Richardson to find the basket and we can win going away.

Yeah this would be another big win for us! Put us at 5-3 and give us a good chance to head into conference play 9-3 if we play up to our potential!
Also is Ian Chiles even still on the team? What is going on with him? Could use him for sure

Will be interesting to see Trevor Lacey for NCST. He's a pretty good player, and played at Bama before. Putting up some really good numbers. 17ppg, 5rpg, and 4apg.

Yeah this would be another big win for us! Put us at 5-3 and give us a good chance to head into conference play 9-3 if we play up to our potential!
Also is Ian Chiles even still on the team? What is going on with him? Could use him for sure

Chiles is on the team. Apparently he's just not very good.

Nc State has great guards, Lacey, Turner and Cat Barber...they take care of the ball very well, are all dangerous from 3 and are a solid rebounding team. This will be a tough matchup in that im not sure how much our pressing will bother them with their 3 guards or how much we will be able to turn them over.

Nc State has great guards, Lacey, Turner and Cat Barber...they take care of the ball very well, are all dangerous from 3 and are a solid rebounding team. This will be a tough matchup in that im not sure how much our pressing will bother them with their 3 guards or how much we will be able to turn them over.

I coached Turner in Muscle Shoals. I've coached 2 kids I'd call naturals and he's one of them.

Coach T said that Chiles had a very good week of practice and he had planned on using him some to give Josh some relief at the point. He just never got the chance in this game!

Any others from VolNation going to be there?? I've got 4 in section 208...I'll be in orange :good!:

All of my employee are NCSU grads...I heard about last year for a long time!

Butler had taken care of the ball well this season with a 129-117 Assist to TO ratio (1.1%). UT forced them into a 11 -14 A to TO (0.78%). NC State has a 117-109 (1.07%) which is good but a bit below Butler and in my opinion it was against a weaker schedule vs who Butler has played this season.

Do you feel the Butler performance was an abberation unlikely to be duplicated against NCS or are these numbers meaningless statistics?

Personally, UT's main problem is all the offensive rebounds they give up and will be their undoing if they can't find a way to tighten that up a bit. Butler had 17 offensive RB vs UT's 9. Butler had 14 TO vs UT's 7. Still adds up to a +1 possession advantage to Butler?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I don't think those stats are meaningless at all. I think our defense is improving game by game as well. I am stunned that NC State lost to Wofford last night. How did that happen?

Wofford held them to 54 or 55 points

VN Store

Back