The Official Tennessee vs. Kansas State Game Thread, 3:15pm ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 2-3 (0-0 SEC)

TennesseeMarquetteB_4_1417435478370_10208511_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

vs.

Kansas State Wildcats: 4-3 (0-0 Big 12)

KSU%20Pitt.JPG

3:15 PM ET, December 6, 2014
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT -1.5
O/U: -

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN

Saturday's game is part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, which is in its second year. The Vols did not participate last season.

Five of Tennessee's six games during the month of December take place at home.

Tennessee leads the nation in fouls per game (26.2) and is 13th nationally in offensive rebounds per game (15.8).

The Vols have yet to lead a game at halftime this season.

The Volunteers have never previously faced K-State on the hardwood.

Tennessee's all-time record against current members of the Big 12 Conference stands at 10-16.• K-State posted a 20-13 (8-8 Big 12) record last season and earned its fifth straight NCAA Tournament berth.

Wildcats forward Stephen Hurt is a native of Murfreesboro, Tenn., who began his career at Lipscomb.

Kansas State director of athletics John Currie has occupied that position since May 2009.

Prior to that, Currie worked more than 10 years in the Tennessee athletic department, rising to the title of executive associate AD (overseeing external operations, as well as the men's basketball program). Currie received his master's degree in Sports Management from UT in 2003.

Give the Vols a .500 record.

Prevent UT’s first three-game
losing skid in a single season
since January of 2013, when the
Vols fell to Memphis, Ole Miss,
Alabama and Kentucky.

Make Tennessee 11-16 all-time
against current members of the
Big 12 Conference.

Give Donnie Tyndall his first
head coaching win over a Big 12
Conference opponent (0-3).

Reactions: 1 person
Interested to see how the guys respond after a week off. Marquette game was pretty terrible. Have to find a way to clean up the fouls. It's just hard to watch

I have no idea what to expect today. If we shoot 3 of 20 from the three point line another certain loss guys got to make those wide open threes. If we shoot decent and win the boards think we win today. I expect to see a better team today after another several days to practice hopefully we'll see more of Baulkman he seems to be the best passer on the team.

I'm gonna stay away from this thread during the game but I will say this, I think you said 5 out of the 6 games this month are home,us as fans need to show up and cheer this team on as this could be fine wins in the month makin us 7-3

Avoid silly fouls and make some freakin shots, so we can set up the press amd i think we get this w.

Also, its been mentioned but I would really like to see what Baulkman looks like at pg.

I'm gonna stay away from this thread during the game but I will say this, I think you said 5 out of the 6 games this month are home,us as fans need to show up and cheer this team on as this could be fine wins in the month makin us 7-3

I have to stay away too....I won't be able to watch it until about 7 tonight

I'll watch and always support my Vols but I won't lie it kills me to watch this team already.

There's not a lot to say in a game thread before the game actually starts. Go Vols? I hope we win?
I'm not talking about before the game which was the subject,I'm talking about during the game and the lack of posters

This might be a start of a good run.... I had read what a good week of practice we have had....feels good to me...go vols

Vols' Woodson inactive for Kansas State game

68 minutes ago

Sophomore center Dominic Woodson will not dress today for Tennessee in order to "focus on academic obligations," UT officials confirmed to GoVols247 early Saturday afternoon.

Woodson, a former four-star, Top247 prospect from Texas, transferred from Memphis to Tennessee this year and was granted an immediate eligibility waiver by the NCAA to play for the Vols this season.

Woodson played in four of Tennessee's first five games, averaging 3.5 points and 2.8 rebounds. Arguably his best performance came in Tennessee's season-opening loss to 15th-ranked VCU at the Veterans Classic in Annapolis, Md., when he collected four points, five rebounds and two steals off the bench.

The Vols (2-3) host Kansas State (3-3) today at 3:15 p.m. Eastern in Thompson-Boling Arena in an SEC/Big 12 Challenge game.

———————————————

***UPDATE, 1:01 p.m. Eastern***The Tennessee sports information department released the following statement about Woodson's situation: "Tennessee basketball coach Donnie Tyndall has announced that sophomore forward Dominic Woodson has been excused from team activities this past week to focus on academic obligations. Due to missed practice time, Woodson will not dress for Saturday’s SEC/Big 12 Challenge game against Kansas State."

———————————————

VN Store

Back