Relax - Knoxville Quarterback Club 11-10

SeniorDrill

This is the first time Tyndall publicly expressed confidence that he will emerge from the investigation unscathed.
"I want to quickly address the deal that's going on at Southern Miss," Tyndall told the crowd at Calhoun's on the River. "I'm not allowed to comment on it. I know there will be probably be those that want to ask and have questions, but I will be fully cooperating. I can't comment at all until it's run its course, but I feel very confident that everything is going to be fine. I just have to leave it at that."

This is the first time Tyndall publicly expressed confidence that he will emerge from the investigation unscathed.
"I want to quickly address the deal that's going on at Southern Miss," Tyndall told the crowd at Calhoun's on the River. "I'm not allowed to comment on it. I know there will be probably be those that want to ask and have questions, but I will be fully cooperating. I can't comment at all until it's run its course, but I feel very confident that everything is going to be fine. I just have to leave it at that."

In the quote posted he never uses the word "unscathed" as you tried to infer, and he never comes close to saying that he is confident he will get out of it without any issues. He can be confident everything is going to be just fine, but that's far different from him saying he will make it unscathed.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah there is no way Tyndall can feel this confident with everything going on and nothing leaking out yet saying he will be fine.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Calipari is the only men's basketball coach that the NCAA will allow to wreak havic on program after program, come out smelling like a rose and then get the "best" basketball job in the country & win national titles after starting dumpster fires everywhere & running from the scene. Don't want to be anywhere near him when all of his shenanigans come home to roost!!

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't this posted on here about three weeks ago?

Just trying to offer a little solace to the despair of those on Vol Nation who know nothing about this except for the doomsday predictors who just speculate.

Just trying to offer a little solace to the despair of those on Vol Nation who know nothing about this except for the doomsday predictors who just speculate.

Honestly, I'm just not sure his comments really mean much one way or the other.

Are you trying to convince VN or yourself that DT is innocent ?

Reactions: 2 people
As long as it doesn't affect my school, I don't give a rip about him. I am willing to give him his chance even though it was a bad hire. Just don't bring your garbage to Tennessee.

I

well i cant believe he didn't say:

"it's not looking good guys. I probably won't be here for SEC play so good luck with that coaching search thing"

How can it be said that it was a bad hire when his first season has barely begun?
Especially when he comes into Tennessee basketball with almost an identical resume to Butch Jones except on the basketball side. Same recruiting skills up until he was bushwhacked by that coach he fired with the primary NCAA investigator being his best friend. Same coaching skills. Same fan rallying and booster rallying skills. Same everything in addition to being best friends they advise each other and feed off of each other. I think what you really see are those fans who thought Zo was run out of town on a rail and the admin didn't consider Pearl. What they forget is Zo went on his NCAA run and Pearl had no idea he would resign so he signed with Auburn. Pearl was not available when Zo resigned. How easily we forget!

Especially when he comes into Tennessee basketball with almost an identical resume to Butch Jones except on the basketball side. Same recruiting skills up until he was bushwhacked by that coach he fired with the primary NCAA investigator being his best friend. Same coaching skills. Same fan rallying and booster rallying skills. Same everything in addition to being best friends they advise each other and feed off of each other. I think what you really see are those fans who thought Zo was run out of town on a rail and the admin didn't consider Pearl. What they forget is Zo went on his NCAA run and Pearl had no idea he would resign so he signed with Auburn. Pearl was not available when Zo resigned. How easily we forget!

TBH. Pearl was actually avaliable before Tyndall was hired

TBH. Pearl was actually avaliable before Tyndall was hired

Yeah...while Zo was still the coach...if you're referring to Pearl's unsigned contract, that's a fallacy...he had already been announced and the only way Tennessee gets him is to pay Auburn off...wouldn't have withstood a breach lawsuit.

Especially when he comes into Tennessee basketball with almost an identical resume to Butch Jones except on the basketball side. /QUOTE]

That's really not true at all. Butch Jones was the head coach at Cincinnati (Big East). Tyndall was the head coach a USM (Conference USA). Cincinnati is by far the more prestigious job on a resume. Heck, I would say that Butch's job at Central Michigan (M.A.C.) was more prestigious.

Their resume's aren't even close.

Especially when he comes into Tennessee basketball with almost an identical resume to Butch Jones except on the basketball side. /QUOTE]

That's really not true at all. Butch Jones was the head coach at Cincinnati (Big East). Tyndall was the head coach a USM (Conference USA). Cincinnati is by far the more prestigious job on a resume. Heck, I would say that Butch's job at Central Michigan (M.A.C.) was more prestigious.

Their resume's aren't even close.
Butch Jones came to Tennessee with a 50-27(64.9%) record.
Donnie Tyndall came to Tennessee with a 200-106(65.3%) record.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back