3-3
Southern Utah W 98-68
UMKC W 83-73
Long Beach State L 69-60
Purdue W 88-79
Arizona L 72-68
Pittsburg L 70-47
Nebraska Omaha 12-2

I really miss the good old days..I want to care, and I always watch the games. However, I absolutely hate the apathy that I feel concerning the program!!

For whatever reason something just doesn't feel right. I was ready to jump on the Donnie bandwagon. Then, the black cloud appears again! Does anyone else feel this way?

P.S. I am willing to take words of encouragement/ advice. Haha

Reactions: 11 people
I really miss the good old days..I want to care, and I always watch the games. However, I absolutely hate the apathy that I feel concerning the program!!

For whatever reason something just doesn't feel right. I was ready to jump on the Donnie bandwagon. Then, the black cloud appears again! Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel exactly how you do. good post

For whatever reason something just doesn't feel right. I was ready to jump on the Donnie bandwagon. Then, the black cloud appears again! Does anyone else feel this way? J

You described EXACTLY how I feel. For real.

But seriously, we can win the game. Would help deter the apathy some of you speak of

Coach T 200-106 (.654)
2008 OVC Coach of the Year
Tyndall followed that effort with a 24-win season in 2009-10 and then a 25-win campaign in 2010-11. That 2011 team captured the second OVC title of Tyndall's tenure, and he was once again tabbed as the NABC District Coach of the Year as the 13th-seeded Eagles shocked Rick Pitino's fourth-seeded Louisville Cardinals in the second round of NCAA Tournament
In 2012-13, he took over a team that was the youngest in the country and led it to a 27-10 (12-4 C-USA) record and a trip to the NIT quarterfinals. The 12 C-USA victories were the most since USM joined league, and Tyndall was honored by his peers as the NABC District 11 Coach of the Year.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I totally agree with how you guys feel. I am a huge UT bball fan and get pumped for every game, while I still do that something just feel off with this team. I honestly think the best thing to do may just be to cut the tie with Tyndall and start looking for another coach. I know it would be a lost year with recruiting but we just can't afford to have a coach whose constantly going to be in the eyes of the NCAA.

Tyndall is a good coach and would do just as well as Bruce Pearl did but he's not going to last. I have absolutely no faith in him coaching Tennessee after this season.

KState looked pathetic against Pitt but played AZ tough. If Foster shows up, could be ugly for Tennessee but our zone should give them fits. Never cared for Weber and I think the zone could give them problems if they don't attack the middle, which we seemed to have no answer for. They are a lot like Tennessee and are needing new players to step up so its a learning process. If we pull this off, could be a nice resume win because KState is only gonna get better. Toss up game IMO

So Snap, I get what you're saying. However, we have a team of guys who deserve our support. I'm not asking you to jump on the Donnie bandwagon, but I am asking you to support the team. They didn't ask for the dark cloud nor did they cause it. The team will get better as the season progresses. Can you find it your heart to support the guys that are grinding hard daily and giving their all for Tenneesee?

Reactions: 4 people
So Snap, I get what you're saying. However, we have a team of guys who deserve our support. I'm not asking you to jump on the Donnie bandwagon, but I am asking you to support the team. They didn't ask for the dark cloud nor did they cause it. The team will get better as the season progresses. Can you find it your heart to support the guys that are grinding hard daily and giving their all for Tenneesee?

I can!!! Thanks Auntie!

Reactions: 2 people
Now auntiedee is a counselor? Good job!! Snap has jumped back on the basketball trail with tennessee!

My excitement level is somewhere between the Bruce Pearl days and the CCM days with Tyndall. I think Tyndall can do well here but this whole mess with the NCAA has made me put one foot in, one foot out. I can't go full Donnie like I am full Butch until this mess is over with. I still support the team though. CDT has shown glimpses of what he can do. His teams feed off of energy, I can't imagine how they would play with TBA rocking. Would be nice to have a good turnout to the Butler game. All of the turnovers they force would get TBA loud!

Don't care about situation...out of my control. I do want DT to get out of this mess but whatever happens...still gonna watch and pull for the Big Orange! They can't keep up down! :clapping::peace2::peace2:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Why does it matter if the NCAA is hanging over Tyndall, first of all, no allegations have even come out against him. If DT gets canned at the end of the season, then so what, you move on. But don't let the NCAA ruin your season of basketball. We can still have a solid season if you get behind the players.

Just saying, but some of you guys jumped on the Cuonzo bandwagon a little too late, don't let it happen again with Donnie :)

All I want to see is improved ball handling and better rebounding. Also just make the simple put back at the rim! Go Big O! :lolabove:

I've watched K state play a few times this year, and I think if we can play better in the zone and not give up layup after layup and don't send them to the line 20 times then we will be fine. Would also be nice to see us attack the rim more. Also want to see how Hubbs plays after playing good in the 1st half vs Marquette then not showing up in the 2nd half.

I'm on the CDT wagon and support him and the team. I'm not exactly excited though. His o is boring like I knew it would be. He needs to turn the d up and force more turnovers.

WE have to get to the free throw line more if were going to foul the other team 25 times a game. We have to find a way to off set that. Richardson was driving and kicking Sunday to no avail no one could make a shot. I think if we had Hubbs, Richarson, Moore, and Mostella more inclined to get to the basket we could get to the line more in games.

Looks like a loss on paper, but home court could help.
Counting the Exbh games we've scored 70 or more all 3 games in TBA. (I know. competition. But we only played about a half each of those games.)
Need to play hard both ends all 40 minutes for a win.

I've seen K.State play twice this year.

Purdue played a 2-3 zone against them pretty much the entire game and they absolutely shredded it on the baseline in the first half. They knocked Purdue out early by springing a full court press occasionally after made baskets that really bothered a young Purdue team. They were tough on the perimeter but Purdue tried to make a come back by punishing them inside. I don't think UT has the ability to do that, so they are going to have to try and get to the basket because K.State doesn't really have a shot blocker.

Foster is the real deal, and is one of the better scorers I've seen this year. He has deep range on his three and shoots a good percentage. If you close out hard he will put it on the floor and finish at the rim. If UT can't find him in the zone he will go off for 30.

Don't let their Maui experience fool you. They beat a much improved Purdue team and then gave Zona all they wanted. They ran out of gas against a Pitt team who basically got a bye in the first round against Chaminade.

This game is winnable because K. State won't be able to exploit the Vols down low, but UT has got to keep turnonvers to a minimum and contain Foster.

I've seen K.State play twice this year.

Purdue played a 2-3 zone against them pretty much the entire game and they absolutely shredded it on the baseline in the first half. They knocked Purdue out early by springing a full court press occasionally after made baskets that really bothered a young Purdue team. They were tough on the perimeter but Purdue tried to make a come back by punishing them inside. I don't think UT has the ability to do that, so they are going to have to try and get to the basket because K.State doesn't really have a shot blocker.

Foster is the real deal, and is one of the better scorers I've seen this year. He has deep range on his three and shoots a good percentage. If you close out hard he will put it on the floor and finish at the rim. If UT can't find him in the zone he will go off for 30.

Don't let their Maui experience fool you. They beat a much improved Purdue team and then gave Zona all they wanted. They ran out of gas against a Pitt team who basically got a bye in the first round against Chaminade.

This game is winnable because K. State won't be able to exploit the Vols down low, but UT has got to keep turnonvers to a minimum and contain Foster.

Agree and add avoid silly fouls. Hopefully we put up missing flyers for our jump shot anfter last game too. lol

VN Store

Back