The "Butch Jones" of Basketball!

SeniorDrill

I can't say this enough. I totally believe that Donnie Tyndall will do the same thing for Tennessee basketball that Butch Jones is doing for Tennessee football. Winners win no matter whether it's the SEC or the OVC. It's in their blood! They live, breathe, and give their all for their sport. Talking about giving their "All for Tennessee", both of these coaches live it every day. Heck, look at this team put together with 8 newcomers when the Final Signing Date had already past. They just played a game in which they were tied with the number 11 team in the country with 6:49 to go in the game. They are just like the football team, they don't quit. They never quit. I could ride this horse to a win in the Kentucky Derby, but you know where I am coming from. Stand up and fight for this coach and he will take us to the promised land! 'nuff said!

Reactions: 4 people
I think you're right , however, seems like the NCAA is doing everything they can to keep us from having a successful basketball program. Sure wish they would spend some time in Lexington or Chapel Hill

Reactions: 9 people
Not saying your wrong, but I'm waiting until this NCAA mess is over before I go all in.
No news is good news IMO. The initial investigation was about Prop 48. The one in which the coach Tyndall fired got his buddy the NCAA investigator to go down and check things out. The source did not want his name known. Big black eye for the NCAA, conflict of interest! They took him off the case. Then miraculously according to a report the interview shifted from Prop 48 to academic improprieties at SMU when they found nothing going down that road. Good chance Tyndall had absolutely nothing do do with that. You got to take him at his word. He learned his lesson at Morehead State. Remember, he was not personally penalized in that case. The administration needs to get behind him if they want to fill Thompson Boling. Like I said I think the NCAA is running scared and will back down. A legal expert here on VolNation said the same.

The news is this will go silent for about a month while the committee of infractions is apart, and that a notice of allegations will come down in January, Tennessee is already preparing for it according to Tennessee media people.

I can't say this enough. I totally believe that Donnie Tyndall will do the same thing for Tennessee basketball that Butch Jones is doing for Tennessee football. Winners win no matter whether it's the SEC or the OVC. It's in their blood! They live, breathe, and give their all for their sport. Talking about giving their "All for Tennessee", both of these coaches live it every day. Heck, look at this team put together with 8 newcomers when the Final Signing Date had already past. They just played a game in which they were tied with the number 11 team in the country with 6:49 to go in the game. They are just like the football team, they don't quit. They never quit. I could ride this horse to a win in the Kentucky Derby, but you know where I am coming from. Stand up and fight for this coach and he will take us to the promised land! 'nuff said!

If he can get more wins than the number of times he has to pull up his pants, then he's ahead of the game.

Reactions: 2 people
I can tell you are coming around after seeing the team play. :)

Was a great game today, however a loss is still a loss, like I said....part of the excitement, actually a huge part with Butch even though we went 5-7 was that he was killing it on the recruiting trail, at this point you can't even compare Tyndall and Butch's recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
When Tyndall pulls a top 10 class in his first full season then that comparison is fair, not looking very likely though.

Not under the current circumstances. However, the guys he's brought in have looked really good. I think we have 4 solid young post players, and Mostella looks to be a very good scorer. Hopefully Bonds helps the current PG situation out next year. If we could just clear the air with the NCAA, Tyndall could go out and find us a PG. We also need a knock down 3 shooter.

Reactions: 2 people
Not under the current circumstances. However, the guys he's brought in have looked really good. I think we have 4 solid young post players, and Mostella looks to be a very good scorer. Hopefully Bonds helps the current PG situation out next year. If we could just clear the air with the NCAA, Tyndall could go out and find us a PG. We also need a knock down 3 shooter.

Bonds was at Liberty, under no circumstances should that be your starting SEC PG, just saying. And he's had a couple nice gets, but nothing even close to a top 25 class, never mind a top 10 class like Butch had. His recruiting is a major question, and sure you can use the NCAA as an excuse but that's hisbown fault so he will get no sympathy or pass from me because of it.

Bonds was at Liberty, under no circumstances should that be your starting SEC PG, just saying. And he's had a couple nice gets, but nothing even close to a top 25 class, never mind a top 10 class like Butch had. His recruiting is a major question, and sure you can use the NCAA as an excuse but that's hisbown fault so he will get no sympathy or pass from me because of it.
Okay besides his recruiting for his 2015 class and his current investigation, what other reason do you have to not be optimistic?

IMO, recruiting would be fine without an NCAA investigation. His first real recruiting class would be 2016. He had Clarke committed until the allegations came out.

He had two top 50 players in the barn until this NCAA thing went down :eek:lol::ermm:

A big question mark....I do like that he seems to have a decent eye for lower rated talent. Now if he can start competing with the big boys, we may have something.

His 2015 players are nice players. Their film looks good. We need a couple of "splash" recruits.

They lost, really does'nt matter. And HELLO! The only players doing a damn thing are Zo players.

Okay besides his recruiting for his 2015 class and his current investigation, what other reason do you have to not be optimistic?

Is recruiting not a huge part of the future? People talked about what a horrendous roster was inherited, the only way to improve that is through recruiting. It's too early to give an answer on his actually coaching ability IMO, but his resume is impressive and he's always won, however the investigation obviously is worrisome. You're asking me to put aside 2 very big negatives, and not leaving much else to go with.

IMO, recruiting would be fine without an NCAA investigation. His first real recruiting class would be 2016. He had Clarke committed until the allegations came out.

He wasn't lighting the world on fire prior to the investigation, we likely weren't keeping Clarke, the investigation just made that one happen quicker than expected.

This NCAA stuff is gonna linger into the summer, guess what class this staff will be trying to follow around this summer, the 2016 class. Blackwell and Ado are 2 huge targets fo us and the future, you don't think Stallings is in Bkackwells families ear everyday about this investigation?

Can I make a request? Please tell Jabari to work on free throws, he's becoming a fan favorite because of his work ethic, but if he can't shoot better than 30% from the line Coach will have to pull him at the end of games, and as others have mentioned this team isn't good enough to be leaving points on the floor.

VN Store

Back