R.J. Rush, Special Asst. to CDT resigned too before VCU game

TechnoVol

Ben Frederickson@Ben_Fred 12m12 minutes ago Knoxville, TN
Also gone from Tyndall's #Vols staff is R.J. Rush, Special Assistant to the Head Coach. He resigned citing "family reasons" before VCU game.

He was also with Tyndal at USM. Interesting...

Last edited:
Excuse me...have to grab some aspirin. It's about to get crazy up in here. :blink::yes:

GO VOLS!

Sounds like the meeting with the NCAA was productive. Also sounds like the NCAA "has the goods" on Tyndall's staff at the least. Now the big question is will this placate the NCAA or does it go even further...

To be continued.

Sounds like the meeting with the NCAA was productive. Also sounds like the NCAA "has the goods" on Tyndall's staff at the least. Now the big question is will this placate the NCAA or does it go even further...

To be continued.

How was the meeting productive

So we could have kept Pearl took a penalty and bypassed the Martin years but instead we chose Martin and this dipstick Tyndall and will still end up with a penalty?

Reactions: 4 people
So much dumb in this

Why? Not saying we should have kept Pearl. Tyndall clearly to me should be terminated we are not going to lose anything this season by cannning him. We are a top 25 basketball school we can get a good coach we do not need this.

Reactions: 1 person
Why? Not saying we should have kept Pearl. Tyndall clearly to me should be terminated we are not going to lose anything this season by cannning him. We are a top 25 basketball school we can get a good coach we do not need this.

So you agree keeping Pearl wasn't an option? That's 1 dumb.

Second dumb is firing a quality coach like cdk before he is sanctioned for anything.

Third was calling my teams head coach a dip stick. lol

We are a top 25 basketball school we can get a good coach we do not need this.

No we aren't, and it isn't a matter of whether we can or can't get a good coach. It's a matter of will we pay for one, or will we not, and history suggests that we will not.

Wade Houston- A career assistant who hasn't coached since being fired.

Kevin O'Neill- A journeyman mid-major coach who reached the NCAA tournament 4 whole times in 16 tries. Coached 5 teams in 16 years as a HC.

Jerry Green- Average coach at Oregon before coming to Tennessee. Successful here but disconnected from fans and administration and hasn't coached since.

Buzz Peterson- Terrible journeyman mid-major coach who hasn't really won big anywhere he's ever been, and has made 1 NCAA tournament in 16 years as a HC.

Bruce Pearl- Another mid-major coach, and who came with some baggage, though had been wildly successful in every HC job he'd ever had. That success continued here, but you know the rest of the story.

Cuonzo Martin- Yet another mid-major coach. Not as successful prior to, or during his Tennessee career as Pearl, but was as clean and straight-laced as they come, and improved every season on the court. Was doomed from the start because he wasn't Bruce Pearl, and like Green, never connected with the fans. Never seemed interested in being here either. He's in a better place for himself.

Donnie Tyndall- Guess what....another mid-major coach. Comes with baggage. Very successful at every stop, but.....

A very brief synopsis of our coaching hires of the past 25 years. You see a theme in there? If we could attract a top shelf coach, I'd imagine we'd have tried it once in seven tries by actually offering a competitive salary. We hire on the cheap and hooe for the best. I don't expect that to change, but will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Reactions: 7 people
No we aren't, and it isn't a matter of whether we can or can't get a good coach. It's a matter of will we pay for one, or will we not, and history suggests that we will not.

Wade Houston- A career assistant who hasn't coached since being fired.

Kevin O'Neill- A journeyman mid-major coach who reached the NCAA tournament 4 whole times in 16 tries. Coached 5 teams in 16 years as a HC.

Jerry Green- Average coach at Oregon before coming to Tennessee. Successful here but disconnected from fans and administration and hasn't coached since.

Buzz Peterson- Terrible journeyman mid-major coach who hasn't really won big anywhere he's ever been, and has made 1 NCAA tournament in 16 years as a HC.

Bruce Pearl- Another mid-major coach, and who came with some baggage, though had been wildly successful in every HC job he'd ever had. That success continued here, but you know the rest of the story.

Cuonzo Martin- Yet another mid-major coach. Not as successful prior to, or during his Tennessee career as Pearl, but was as clean and straight-laced as they come, and improved every season on the court. Was doomed from the start because he wasn't Bruce Pearl, and like Green, never connected with the fans. Never seemed interested in being here either. He's in a better place for himself.

Donnie Tyndall- Guess what....another mid-major coach. Comes with baggage. Very successful at every stop, but.....

A very brief synopsis of our coaching hires of the past 25 years. You see a theme in there? If we could attract a top shelf coach, I'd imagine we'd have tried it once in seven tries by actually offering a competitive salary. We hire on the cheap and hooe for the best. I don't expect that to change, but will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Yeap. That sums it up. I will say though that the money is there to spend. Im lucky to know a person that's owned one of the press box rooms in TBA since they built them, and the person who owns it insists the money is there for a big time coach hire. That goes for basketball and football. Our fans don't want to accept this, but other then the facilities here, UT isn't that attractive of a job in basketball. It's hard to recruit here unless you are a great recruiter, aka Pearl, and we play in the 3-5 best conference in basketball depending on the year.

So Rush resigned even before the NCAA arrived on campus. This proves that Hart knows what went down at Southern Miss. Hart must not think DT is culpable - otherwise, he would have already cut him loose...

Lol, thats what everyone said before we hired DT too. Face reality - there are 0 big name coaches that will coach here right now because of the roster.

So we could have kept Pearl took a penalty and bypassed the Martin years but instead we chose Martin and this dipstick Tyndall and will still end up with a penalty?

Sorry disagree completely.

Last edited:
How can we be penalized for what happened at So Miss?

Might be just me but...I've thought CDT seemed like a snake in the grass from the get go. I hope that I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back