Orlando/Old Spice Classic

JohnMcA60

I do not know if a thread has been posted for this event but the vols play on thanksgiving at noon eastern time against Santa Clara on ESPN2 and if they win then they would play Kansas the next day (assuming they beat Rhode Island)
Other teams and first round games are
Georgia Tech vs Marquette
Michigan State vs Rider
Kansas vs Rhode Island

Home | Orlando Classic

Are you guys a excited about this event?

I do not know if a thread has been posted for this event but the vols play on thanksgiving at noon eastern time against Santa Clara on ESPN2 and if they win then they would play Kansas the next day (assuming they beat Rhode Island)
Michigan State vs Rider
Kansas vs Rhode Island

Home | Orlando Classic

Thanks I may drive up this weekend

Michigan State vs Rider
Kansas vs Rhode Island

Home | Orlando Classic

Yes very....let's whip Santa Clara and then give Kansas h&ll

Reactions: 1 person
Guaranteed 3 games, right ? I'm hoping for a 2-1 finish. I would consider that a good tourney.

I know it's early in the season, but some of the teams in this tournament haven't looked great. Kansas and Michigan State are the darlings and have already lost games (to very good teams but Kansas was awful and Navy also played MSU tough). Marquette just lost to a team that I am not sure you can even call a mid-major. Georgia Tech beat UGA but still isn't great. I think this could be interesting.

This will be a very interesting tournament with Michigan State and Kansas as the probable favorites to win the tournament. I think UT will go 2 and 1 in this tournament.

Santa Clara is predicted to finish 7th in their conference (WCC). SC just lost to Utah State giving up a huge lead late in the 2nd half. Santa Clara plays Michigan State, today at 7:00pm. So we'll see how they compare to Michigan State.

Interesting note:
When reviewing their starting lineup, they seem to go small similar to us. It's hard to tell how strong their depth really is because they've played very weak competition besides Utah State.

Check it out, here's their lineup.

Pos. Name PPG
F #44 Yannick Atanga (6-8) 2.5
G #4 Jarvis Pugh (6-6) 4.7
G #20 Denzel Johnson (6-4) 10.0
G #23 Jared Brownridge (6-2) 12.0
G #3 Brandon Clark (6-0) 20.0

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, always want to see the orange and white on TV, or live, if possible. I was hoping our guys could talk to a couple bigs from Kansas or Michigan State and get them to transfer to the Vols. :)

GO VOLS!

Retired and living in Central Florida. I have purchased Tickets for all sessions of games for The Old Spice Tournament. Teams play three games only if they reach the Championship Finals. Intend to sell tickets for sessions that Tennessee will not be playing.

Were not Kentucky but a Kansas game would be a lot closer than people think. Play this game in Feb-March and they win by 20.

All I'm a say is you guys are selling the young VOLS short. Yes we have some weakness but we play hard and scrappy. Watch by conference play how the freshman grow up. As they earn more minutes and get more comfortable we will surprise some people. Tyndall system I think is a good one. If bonds were eligible and josh and punter can play their natural positions that will make a huge difference right there.

Reactions: 2 people
All I'm a say is you guys are selling the young VOLS short. Yes we have some weakness but we play hard and scrappy. Watch by conference play how the freshman grow up. As they earn more minutes and get more comfortable we will surprise some people. Tyndall system I think is a good one. If bonds were eligible and josh and punter can play their natural positions that will make a huge difference right there.

Couldn't agree with you more! Just give them a little time to gel.

VN Store

Back