Coach Tyndall,the ambassador

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
After all of this he still has been able to connect with the fans and sell the university ,can't wait until this blows over like I think it will so he can prove his doubters wrong jmo

Reactions: 2 people
I'm impatiently waiting for a conclusion to this mess. If he's cleared, then I'll support him up to a point. His recruiting is like the man before him: underwhelming. He can't continue to recruit 3 stars with less than impressive offer lists. He keeps doing this, he will be gone in 3 years.

Pick it up DT, this isn't the sunbelt, and quit going to Walters state to scout recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
The worst part of this is that the whole misbegotten scandal was dreamed up by a disgruntled former assistant of Donnie's in cohoots with a pal of his who's now a functionary on the ncaa enforcement committee:

Connection between ex-Tyndall aide, NCAA staffer at center of USM case - CBSSports.com

Clearly, the pusillanimous Wade O'Connor has a grudge against Donnie, even though he's now claiming that he had nothing to do with it.

I doubt CDT's worried about a few impatient fans. Considering the AD's standing behind his innocence in this deal, it's a fair guess that this situation was all made up out of the substance of sour grapes. Before all this garbage was brought out, everybody was behind this coach and his recruits. From this fan's perspective, Coach Tyndall is doing a bang up job thus far and I'm looking forward to this program growing as is our football program. I'd say "be patient," but some people just can't keep from being emotionally incontinent over their need for instant gratification.

I don't think this is just going to blow over. He's going to get hit hard, it's just a matter of how hard (and soon) at this point.

After all of this he still has been able to connect with the fans and sell the university ,can't wait until this blows over like I think it will so he can prove his doubters wrong jmo

I really thought the attendance would've been better for a home opener the other night, it was about as good as the NIT crowds we had, student section was also lacking.

Consensus seems to be he's likely going to receive a NOA and some sort of penalty, the degree is what's unknown.

The only thing I have seen that most agree on is that it may involve prop 48 and academics....it's hard for me to believe that they know whether he will be penalized when they are not sure what he did wrong.

I really thought the attendance would've been better for a home opener the other night, it was about as good as the NIT crowds we had, student section was also lacking.

Can't really blame em,once we play better competition and we see a more progressing team tba will be rocking

I did too. Even with Tyndall's off the court issues and the team's on the court issues, it's still a pretty entertaining team to watch from an athleticism stand point.

The only thing I have seen that most agree on is that it may involve prop 48 and academics....it's hard for me to believe that they know whether he will be penalized when they are not sure what he did wrong.

Paying players and tampering with academics are both pretty serious allegations. The lead source is a guy who was on that staff who seems to be out to get Tyndall. The news coming out of the paid sites has been increasingly negative over the last few weeks. You guys are extremely naive if you think this ends with a simple slap on the wrist.

It's been steadily going down since Pearl left and add in what most predict will be a bad season and the NCAA being on campus makes it worse

The basketball interest among students is pretty much nothing right now. It will get better once football season is over, but most have already written this season off.

You don't think Tyndall and Tennessee are aware of what he's being accused of?

I thought with as active as Tyndall had been, and all this anticipation about an exciting up tempi style, that the crowd would've been there from game 1.

Got to remember its close to thanksgiving.and a week night game I belive hurt the attendance

Disturbing to me that they can ruin a school's season with innuendos.
Need to keep these things under wraps until they have real evidence.

Disturbing to me that they can ruin a school's season with innuendos.
Need to keep these things under wraps until they have real evidence.

I could handle a much smaller set of rules with a set penalty for the offenders being enforced the same no matter the program.....right now it is just one huge joke.

What's not true
Weren't we top 10 in attendance all 3 years under Cuonzo? Add a sweet 16, thats definitely not the sign of a regressing program imo. I dont care about next years roster etc etc all teams have rebuilding years and some coaches love when their rosters are mainly upperclassmen.

VN Store

Back