Carlos Groves

I remember that game. During the Devoe era. Carlus was a pretty good player for us, but was out matched by a huge guy in Shaq.

Reactions: 2 people
Mods please move this 2 to around the NCAA forum

Why? It's Tennessee related. And if you have a moderation suggestion, use the report button please. Mods don't see half the posts people address to them in threads. :hi:

Reactions: 8 people
Why? It's Tennessee related. And if you have a moderation suggestion, use the report button please. Mods don't see half the posts people address to them in threads. :hi:

:thumbsup:
And will admit forgot he was a vol until I looked up the incident,it was random so I drew quickly my mistake

I fondly remember Doug Roth flipping off the student section at Vandy or maybe it was Florida.

Carlus is lucky he's still alive.

shaq-tennessee3.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I fondly remember Doug Roth flipping off the student section at Vandy or maybe it was Florida.

That was at LSU. It was great. UT also won.

Edit: Or maybe we lost. Can't remember. I do know it was at LSU.

Last edited:
I remembered it when Shaka jumped on Woodson.
Couldn't remember who the player was though.

Lulz at Allen Houston not even paying attention in the photo. Reflective of that period of UT basketball in many ways.

The year before that scrum, UT went 9-22 in the regular season. Then ripped off 3 straight wins in the SEC tourney only to lose to Bama in the finals. Might've won it if the players hadn't run out of gas. One of the few bright spots in the Houston era. They went 5-22 his last year. That was miserable.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember when it happened we were way behind in the game and with Shaq out,we almost came back and won. We lost in the end.

VN Store

Back