Quinton Chievous Against Syracuse

CamVol8

Just thought I'd update everyone about Q. I live in Syracuse and just went to the Hampton game at the Carrier Dome. Long story how I became a Vols fan living here in the Cuse lol. But anyways Chievous had a very good game including a nice dunk that was sports center worthy. He finished the game with 17 points. I wish the best for him because I always thought he was a great kid here and to see him succeed against a great team like Syracuse makes me happy for him.

You will always be a VFL Quinton Chievous!

Reactions: 6 people
Just thought I'd update everyone about Q. I live in Syracuse and just went to the Hampton game at the Carrier Dome. Long story how I became a Vols fan living here in the Cuse lol. But anyways Chievous had a very good game including a nice dunk that was sports center worthy. He finished the game with 17 points. I wish the best for him because I always thought he was a great kid here and to see him succeed against a great team like Syracuse makes me happy for him.

Did he play in the post or outside? I always felt like Martin tried to force Q to be some kind undersized post player when he was at UT.

To be honest he looked very good. And he got inside and penetrated in the zone. He looked more like a 2 guard than a forward because he was one of the main ball handlers in that game

Big fish, small pond suits some guys better. I agree with Zan that he was sorta miscast in his role at TN.

Reactions: 1 person
I liked what Q could bring and thought he should've played more, especially when we went through bouts of playing bad and low energy. He could handle the ball a little, rebound a little, played tough on D, could finish and could hit a 3 pointer every now and then. Seeing he and Moore on the sidelines together and not playing for stretches of games, many of them ugly and unergetic, was a mistake, imo. If Chievous plays for Maymon after 1 minute when it was obvious Michigan was going to kill that matchup, who knows.

Agree 100% about him being a vfl, op. He was one of the biggest cheerleaders during their run in the dance last yr. When he could just as easily been pouting over playing time.

I'm going to assume those points came in the second half w Cuse's bench on the court. Chievous is awful.

Played in 2 games. Averaging 30 minutes per game. 42% and 33% from 3.
Leading scorer. 17 against Cuse. 12 against iowa.
Playing guard.

Last edited:
To be honest he looked very good. And he got inside and penetrated in the zone. He looked more like a 2 guard than a forward because he was one of the main ball handlers in that game

I wish him luck but both him and washpun are at the level they need to be at.

I wish him luck but both him and washpun are at the level they need to be at.

Style of play can make a huge difference especially on O. When your style is to walk the ball up and work the shot clock they aren't be very effective at this level I grant you. But under the right system both would have look liked different players. Not NBA talent but better than Hampton and N Iowa. Jmo

Style of play can make a huge difference especially on O. When your style is to walk the ball up and work the shot clock they aren't be very effective at this level I grant you. But under the right system both would have look liked different players. Not NBA talent but better than Hampton and N Iowa. Jmo

I disagree....they both might fit in as role players but neither is starter quality at a high major level.

I disagree....they both might fit in as role players but neither is starter quality at a high major level.

If their goal is to be a starter I agree. But all I meant was in the right system both are capable of at least 12-15 quality minutes per game at this level.

When he was first transferring this is basically what happened
Chievous will have two seasons of eligibility remaining, and the fact that he’ll be graduating from Tennessee in three years makes him eligible to play immediately. And while he played in just 22 games in two seasons (according to the story, Chievous felt he was being used out of position and should have spent more time on the wing), a fresh start could be just what the doctor ordered for Chievous.

So why put Reese on the wing and Chievous down low?? I don't know it doesn't make sense

It's a crazy take, but damned if you don't stick with it

I don't know why that's crazy. Q should've been playing all year. Basketball is about matchups and some nights, Maymon wasn't a good matchup, so you play your better one when it calls for it, or at least the one that won't get you killed everytime down the court.

Nice to have a fellow VOL fan from CNY

VN Store

Back