Dave Hart on Donnie Tyndall

What else can he say? It is the KnoxStone Cops down there. Let's hope that this coach will not bold face lie to the NCAA.

Reactions: 3 people
Wtf does hart know he wanted to keep fools around because he thought he connected with fans etc n was a great coach..

So think about that..

Reactions: 6 people
Glad Hart feels that way. Most fans do as well. Hope nothing comes of the allegations. We need a coach that will stay, improve the program, and recruit a PG occasionally.

Reactions: 5 people
The program was in the top 3 of the SEC the last three years. Our program will probably peak there. We made it to the sweet sixteen and Florida and Kentucky were in the final four.I dont think slimeball Tyndall will do much better than that. We will probably be bottom feeders under his tenure.

Reactions: 1 person
The program was in the top 3 of the SEC the last three years. Our program will probably peak there. We made it to the sweet sixteen and Florida and Kentucky were in the final four.I dont think slimeball Tyndall will do much better than that. We will probably be bottom feeders under his tenure.

Why are you calling him a slimeball?

Bottom feeders? He's a good basketball coach. He is a better XsOs guy than Pearl.......

Reactions: 12 people
Why are you calling him a slimeball?

Bottom feeders? He's a good basketball coach. He is a better XsOs guy than Pearl.......

I'm assuming he thinks the allegations are true, and if they are, he is. Way worse violations than BP. If those are true, those are major infractions.

I'm assuming he thinks the allegations are true, and if they are, he is. Way worse violations than BP. If those are true, those are major infractions.

Would that directly involve him or Southern Miss administration. How would Tyndall arrange the financial benefits or even orchestrate the conspiracy?

I guess it's possible but that seems unlikely to me. Did he have knowledge of it? That's a different story...would he be guilty by association? Will he be punished for not exposing something? Possibly, but that's grasping at straws and would be very unfortunate.

But, to assume of the top that he's guilty and labeling him a slimeball is premature and irresponsible. I'm glad Tyndall lawyered up!!!! Hopefully he won't allow the ncaa to bully and manipulate him. Always stick to your guns. The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.

Also, Tyndall is a really good coach. This is widely opinionated in the coaching circles. So, to say he isn't and that UT will be bottom feeders in the league is also irresponsible.

Reactions: 4 people
I hope nothing develops and he remains our coach. I think he will turn out to be great if UT can get past this.

Reactions: 4 people
Would that directly involve him or Southern Miss administration. How would Tyndall arrange the financial benefits or even orchestrate the conspiracy?

I guess it's possible but that seems unlikely to me. Did he have knowledge of it? That's a different story...would he be guilty by association? Will he be punished for not exposing something? Possibly, but that's grasping at straws and would be very unfortunate.

But, to assume of the top that he's guilty and labeling him a slimeball is premature and irresponsible. I'm glad Tyndall lawyered up!!!! Hopefully he won't allow the ncaa to bully and manipulate him. Always stick to your guns. The burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.

Also, Tyndall is a really good coach. This is widely opinionated in the coaching circles. So, to say he isn't and that UT will be bottom feeders in the league is also irresponsible.
Never been in a court room I see.

The derogatory term actually describes the poster in most of VolNation's eyes. Open yours!

While I was not originally thrilled with this hire, I have come to think Tyndall is a very good coach as well. He impressed me with his ability to put together a decent group of players with little to go on. And I like his on-court coaching ability. I do hope there's no real fire beneath the smoke at Southern Miss, and I hope this ominous cloud doesn't so affect recruiting that Tyndall has a tough time overcoming it.

I heard that even if found guilty that the penalty for this was something like a five game suspension for Tyndall maybe the loss of one scholarship or a post season ban for one season. There are supposedly two players involved in this and they are still in school at Southern Miss. I am sure whatever loans they got haven't been paid off because you don't even have to pay on the loans while you are still in school. So all I suspect they would have is that Tyndall or Assistants help them secure the loans so the penalty for that would seem to be really weak.

A 'very good' coach.
A classic example of damning with faint praise.
Sounds almost as if Hart is girding his loins just in case his coach gets sanctioned by the ncaa.

Why is it so easy for Hart to support Tyndall? Let's uncover a little mystery of the student loans. There is no reason for any coach to get in trouble over something that is so ordinary that most students use them. There doesn't need to be any hanky panky. #1 - anyone can get them especially if you are poor. #2 - the amount you can get will cover most institutions except the Harvards and the Yales. If you are poor, you can get a Federal Pell Grant for about $5700 a year that does not have to be repaid. If you are an undergraduate student you can get up to $5,500 per year in Perkins Loans depending on your financial need, the amount of other aid you receive, and the availability of funds at your college or career school. You can also get $5,500 to $12,500 per year in Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans depending on certain factors, including your year in college. This is all federal money. This does not even include the financial aid available from the states or the institutions. This is much ado about nothing! FYI. Southern Miss tuition, housing, and meal plan runs about $8,000 a year.

Last edited:
Are you oblivious to what happened with Tyndall at Morehead State?
The University of Tennessee was. They hired him! The current one is all hat and no cattle. In the mean time our basketball team has a coach that will take them to the SEC championship just like the football team. The Vols are on the way back in both sports and I mean SEC titles!

Reactions: 2 people
The University of Tennessee was. They hired him! The current one is all hat and no cattle. In the mean time our basketball team has a coach that will take them to the SEC championship just like the football team. The Vols are on the way back in both sports and I mean SEC titles!

Do you even believe what you say? Tennessee was oblivious to what happened with Tyndall at Morehead State? That's not even close to accurate, Hart addressed those issues when Tyndall was hired, how'd you miss that?

The sad thing is , you are serious.

VN Store

Back