Can Mostella run point so Richardson

madbamahater

can get back in position? They gotta get Josh back on the wing and get him in more aggressive scoring positions..

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
I wish we had a coach without the ncaa albatross around his neck for a change.

Josh was the best PG for Tennessee tonight and best defender. Mostella should primarily stick to the wing imo, but he did play some PG in the second half when JRich was out. Mostella definitely has the athletic capabilities.

I want to see Ian Chiles healthy. Keep Punter and Mostella on the wing and let Josh and Ian run PG. If Braxton Bonds became eligible, that'd be huge.

I wasn't listening all that closely, but at least it didn't seem like the announcers harped on it much. They mentioned it and then moved on.

What the hell does this have to do with Mostella at point and Richardson on the wing?

Nothing. Tyndall is a good coach.

Let all that other **** play out for better or worse...

But, please offer some real insight.....

can get back in position? They gotta get Josh back on the wing and get him in more aggressive scoring positions..

Thoughts?

I'm sure Tyndall would rather not have Josh playing point unless it was absolutely necessary. Hopefully someone can step up and take that role.

Josh was the best PG for Tennessee tonight and best defender. Mostella should primarily stick to the wing imo, but he did play some PG in the second half when JRich was out. Mostella definitely has the athletic capabilities.

I want to see Ian Chiles healthy. Keep Punter and Mostella on the wing and let Josh and Ian run PG. If Braxton Bonds became eligible, that'd be huge.

Josh is way more effective when not at point. He did okay considering he's not a PG. He's a SF. If he needs to be out front on defense, that's fine. But, I think Mostella offers the better option at PG.

Josh is almost unstoppable if he receives that first pass and goes hard......

I like Richardson at the point. Best athlete and leader on the court. Even though he played point he still got a lot of good shots up

For the most part the freshman looked like freshman. POOR FT shooting really hurt. But as far as PG play. I was pleasantly surprised with how good it did look. I thought I would be worse. All I kept hearing and reading though was how athletic this team is. How they could jump out of the gym. Yet they couldn't rebound when needed. Chile's hopefully helps at PG. But who answers the call on the boards is my concern.

not on topic at all

OP asked for thoughts.
That's the preeminent thought regarding our basketball program that's been on my mind since this whole misbegotten investigation began. I'd prefer to be able to just sit back and enjoy the season without worrying about how much of a distraction this must surely be for Donnie himself.

Time to sit Reese's a$$ on the bench for good, he was VCU's best player. At least if this is gonna be a rebuilding season then play McGhee or Carmichael over him, Reese is a lost cause.

IMO...starting 5 should be Punter, Mostella,
Richardson, Moore and Woodson. Hubbs still showing a ton of rust and Mostella looked 100x better, offensively and defensively IMO.

OP asked for thoughts.
That's the preeminent thought regarding our basketball program that's been on my mind since this whole misbegotten investigation began. I'd prefer to be able to just sit back and enjoy the season without worrying about how much of a distraction this must surely be for Donnie himself.

Thread is about Mostella running point. There are 50 other threads where you can talk about the investigation

Reactions: 5 people
I think Mostella's handle is a little too loose to run the point. Josh did a good job but we gotta get the guy in the middle, on press break, to be more visible. And everybody gotta start meeting the ball.

That's not all on topic either just wanted to get that vent out.

I'm not sure Mostella likes to give the ball up.

I'll take it at his current position though. He played better in his first game tonight than others on the team have played in their career, and is a scorer. We also ran a lot of plays for him. Just get him the ball in space.

I'll take it at his current position though. He played better in his first game tonight than others on the team have played in their career, and is a scorer. We also ran a lot of plays for him. Just get him the ball in space.

Agreed, I think he's fine right where he is. I don't think I want Tyndall having to coach him out of his scoring mentality to play point. Once he really gets settled in, he'll be an explosive SG.

Thread is about Mostella running point. There are 50 other threads where you can talk about the investigation

How about a tangential mention of the investigation then? I think Coach Tyndall could figure out how to best deploy both Mostella and Richardson, and that they would respond accordingly, if he didn't have the distraction of the investigation on his mind.

How's that? Does that satisfy your posting requirements?

How about a tangential mention of the investigation then? I think Coach Tyndall could figure out how to best deploy both Mostella and Richardson, and that they would respond accordingly, if he didn't have the distraction of the investigation on his mind.

How's that? Does that satisfy your posting requirements?

colon eyeroll colon

Reactions: 3 people
At the risk of sounding like a sunshine pumper toward players fam, I thought McGhee played really well. He is a ball hawk and again once he puts on some lbs and he figures out how to leverage that to gain space he's gonna be a really nice player. Hell, at the very least he was one of the few to knock down a free throw tonight.

VN Store

Back