The Official Tennessee @ #15 VCU Game Thread, 6:37pm ET, CBS Sports Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers (2013-14): 24-13 (11-7 SEC)

Josh-Richardson-1-3.jpg

@

#15 VCU Rams (2013-14): 26-9 (12-4 A10)

EP-130328768.jpg

NOVEMBER 14, 2014 6:37 PM ET
ALUMNI HALL ANNAPOLIS, MD.

Line: UT +8
O/U: 138.5

TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: CBSsports.com

1920151_881591168547897_5492860628151125065_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The Veterans Classic marks the Volunteers’ second straight season-opener away from Knoxville. Tennessee opened last season at Xavier.

Prior to that contest, the Big Orange had opened 13 straight seasons at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Entering its 106th season of varsity hoops, UT owns a 1,553- 986-2 (.612) all-time record.

Donnie Tyndall is 3-5 as a DI head coach in season-openers.

To honor Knoxville native Will McKamey, who passed away March 25 after collapsing while taking part in spring practice as a freshman running back on the Navy football team, the Tennessee players will wear white pregame shooting shirts with the words "I WILL" on the front and "McKamey 41" on the back.

The phrase "I WILL" has become a well-known way to memorialize McKamey at the U.S. Naval Academy. The football team's helmets this season all bear "I WILL" decals.

On social media, users have shared their memories of McKamey by posting the hashtag #Iwill."

McKamey's family attended Tennessee's practice on Tuesday, Nov. 5. Afterwards, Donnie Tyndall presented each family member with an "I WILL" shirt, and Will's father, Randy McKamey, addressed the team.

Reactions: 4 people
Be Tennessee’s 72nd all-time win over an AP top-15 team.

Mark Tennessee’s first win over an AP top-15 team since the Vols beat No. 8 Florida Feb. 26, 2013, in Knoxville (64-58).

Be Donnie Tyndall’s second career head coaching win over a team ranked in the AP top 25.

Make Donnie Tyndall the 10th straight UT head coach to win his debut game with the Vols.

The Veterans Classic marks the Volunteers’ second straight season-opener away from Knoxville. Tennessee opened last season at Xavier.

Prior to that contest, the Big Orange had opened 13 straight seasons at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Entering its 106th season of varsity hoops, UT owns a 1,553- 986-2 (.612) all-time record.

Donnie Tyndall is 3-5 as a DI head coach in season-openers.

I wonder how many of these were against ranked opponents. Some people will see that and panic, but I'm willing to bet a lot of those losses came to really good teams.

I can't wait. I want to see some exciting basketball. Go vols!

The line surprises me, hoping for a good one. Haven't really followed much at all since the hiring so not really sure what to expect in this one.

There is a problem when it is easier for me to get to Maryland and watch this game than it is to find a place that I can watch it on TV.....

Reactions: 1 person
Im going out to eat somewhere that will have the game.....Does Ocharleys get sports packages?

Go to Aubrey's. The one on strawberry plains has a wicked cool bar in it. They will have the game on no doubt. Plus, the food is pretty good there as well.

Im going out to eat somewhere that will have the game.....Does Ocharleys get sports packages?

Your in Maryville aren't you Beast? Smokey Mountain brewery will have it. If you haven't been and plan on taken the fam, its more of a restraunt setting than a bar. Imo

I doubt it but I'm not a 100% sure? Do you have a BDubs where you live? I'm sure they would have it.

That's where I was planning on going but the wife wants ocharleys.....I called and Ocharleys stated that they have the CBS Sports Network but I have a feeling they just meant regular CBS LOL

VN Store

Back