SEC Bias

cwbytruckers

Game 2 for the Vols exhibition season is tonight. No tv. Just streaming. Yet the Cats get televised in both games. As a fan its not only unfair but gives the Cats a little bit of an advantage with recruits. Kind of BS. Thought this was the SEC network. Not the UK network.

Reactions: 2 people
Game 2 for the Vols exhibition season is tonight. No tv. Just streaming. Yet the Cats get televised in both games. As a fan its not only unfair but gives the Cats a little bit of an advantage with recruits. Kind of BS. Thought this was the SEC network. Not the UK network.

Get use to it,you would think the announcers would have a disease from riding cal all night long

Better we are not on TV since they would probably talk about CDT investigation.

Reactions: 3 people

Like UK needs a recruiting advantage - over anyone, let alone Tennessee - that is provided by the airing of an exhibition basketball game. You think there are recruits on the fence about UK that are swung in their favor by the airing of a game vs. Georgetown (Ky) College?

Would you want to watch us play if you weren't a Vols fan?

If you're a fan of basketball, not a fan of UT basketball, which game would you rather watch? I would take the one with 10 NBA players every time. That's the reason they're on TV.

As for the women's soccer, it's their tournament I believe. Imagine them showing the Bama spring game over a UT SEC tourney game. Post season>Pre season.

Reactions: 1 person
If you're a fan of basketball, not a fan of UT basketball, which game would you rather watch? I would take the one with 10 NBA players every time. That's the reason they're on TV.

As for the women's soccer, it's their tournament I believe. Imagine them showing the Bama spring game over a UT SEC tourney game. Post season>Pre season.

Then why not name it the Kentucky network we can deal without seeing Kentucky everywhere we go its sickening to know people can stand behind such a corrupt program

There is no bias on the SEC network. The OP is just being ridiculous. The reason they are showing the UK and not UT game is easily explained. Vols play on Saturday night...SEC network was never going to preempt football for PRESEASON basketball. Tomorrow they can show UKs basketball game because there is no competing sporting event. SEC network is also showing women's volleyball in the morning.

As for showing soccer...again, that was a meaningful match, a tournament game. Just relax. You are getting upset they are not showing PRESEASON basketball.

I understand if you live more than an hour away, but if you live close, you could try actually going to watch the games live instead of complaining about not seeing it on tv. Exhibition tickets were only $5.

Also, UK basketball, despite my wanting to admit, it much more attractive to the rest of America than watching UT basketball. It works the same way with football. There is a reason UK spends much of their season on the SEC Network rather than ESPN/ESPN2/ABC/CBS. It's all about ratings and viewership.

UK fans will pay $50+ to watch a scrimmage. That's why they get their exhibition on tv, lol.

Why would anyone that is not a Vol fan watch the men's basketball team play an exhibition game? There would probably be more viewers this year for the lady vols preseason game. Like someone said previously...it's best we stay off the air for awhile.

Who would actually want to watch an exhibition game for any team not their own? That's the real question.

VN Store

Back