This new scandal

cwbytruckers

Im pretty sure I'm not alone in this when I say I'm pretty sick and tired of the drama surrounding UT hoops and our athletic department. I honestly had not made up my mind about Coach Donnie. I was taking the wait and see approach. One game at a time. Now with all this new drama. I'm not even sure I want to watch this season. We have a couple of senerios that could play out. One. The new guys gel and we sneak into to tourny. Two. They just stink. But either way this whole season now everyone will be wondering who our coach will be next season. At this point. I just don't have the energy to care that much. At least the baseball team is heading in the right direction. And the Lady Vols appear to be on their way up. I have always liked basketball more than football. I actually used to record games off the radio in the 80's just so I could listen to the replay when there was no tv games. Now I fear our team is heading for the cellar again. Ok I've ranted I know. But am I the only one who is not ready for another roller coaster off season in hoops?????

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
We should probably stick our toes in the water first before we swan dive into the deep end.

I know what you mean though and would be nice to have some solid ground. Still going to watch and support the team.

Can't we just have a normal program? Really tough to care as much as you truly want to when BS like this always seems to derail us.

True or not, this will hang over us like a cloud until the facts are known. No telling how long that will take.

Can't we just have a normal program? Really tough to care as much as you truly want to when BS like this always seems to derail us.

True or not, this will hang over us like a cloud until the facts are known. No telling how long that will take.
I agree

Pretty much. Every game on TV will have the reminder of the on going troubles of DT.

It's a smokescreen contrived by the NCAA to divert attention from the UNC debacle...and well, all the other debacles they seem to create. Reference Penn State.

GO VOLS!

Can't we just have a normal program?

We did have a perfectly normal program with CCM but our moronic fans decided to petition that away. This is like some kind of payback for sheer stupidity - instead of getting a Bruce Pearl back (which was never realistic scenario that same people who fired him were going to hire him back) we got unproven CDT who will still be investigated just like Bruce - and no matter what eventually happens with this investigation it will at minimum be a distraction to our program and affect recruiting (already happening).

Reactions: 6 people
We did have a perfectly normal program with CCM but our moronic fans decided to petition that away. This is like some kind of payback for sheer stupidity - instead of getting a Bruce Pearl back (which was never realistic scenario that same people who fired him were going to hire him back) we got unproven CDT who will still be investigated just like Bruce - and no matter what eventually happens with this investigation it will at minimum be a distraction to our program and affect recruiting (already happening).
So true

A lot of people have the power to make a claim about a Coach or school and get an investigation started. The Coach has no other option but to let the investigation play out.
This is a really easy to determine allegation players got loans and loans were paid by anyone associated with Southern Miss is trouble for Tyndall. Any other option this will go no where. I suspect if the latter is proven to be true then this was all an attempt to kill this recruiting class that Coach Tyndall was creating. We can't convict a coach until the allegation is proven and if it is goodbye Tyndall we move on.

Pretty much. Every game on TV will have the reminder of the on going troubles of DT.

Just like Bruce Pearl's last season here. The big difference is with Bruce, the facts had become pretty much known once the hoops season had begun. The big unknown was how the NCAA would handle it. Here the facts are still unfolding.

I watch ball to be entertained. I wasn't entertained for 2.5 years. That was a long time to watch crappy and boring basketball. It was fun to watch on the run when Martin took the motion offense 30 feet from the floor that put up 50 pts quite often and instead let his experienced team play basketball without him holding them back, like he had for 2.5 years until dire circumstances arose. If he coached like that all the time, he would've kept support. But he didn't and wasn't going to and right now, I'd 100% still rather watch a Tyndall team play tonight more than I did Martin's teams for 2.5 years, outside of a handful of games out of @ 75 where the team played up to potential.

Reactions: 6 people
We have no choice but to wait but it will be a distraction for sure, already is. One recruit has already bounced (don't tell me the timing was a coincidence) an no one else will commit before this has played out. Hopefully this is all air, but if he is involved, he will definitely get a suspension and show cause. Prospective players will run from this type problem. The AD knew he had issues before hiring him. I found it hard to believe at the time they would hire someone who was not squeaky clean after our run with the NCAA. Can't just be ignored its already out there for speculation.

I watch ball to be entertained. I wasn't entertained for 2.5 years. That was a long time to watch crappy and boring basketball. It was fun to watch on the run when Martin took the motion offense 30 feet from the floor that put up 50 pts quite often and instead let his experienced team play basketball without him holding them back, like he had for 2.5 years until dire circumstances arose. If he coached like that all the time, he would've kept support. But he didn't and wasn't going to and right now, I'd 100% still rather watch a Tyndall team play tonight more than I did Martin's teams for 2.5 years, outside of a handful of games out of @ 75 where the team played up to potential.

The game where UT scored under 40 in a game against Georgetown was classic. Real fans game.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back