Jason King interview with Knoxville radio...

bleedingTNorange

Here's the full interview...

WNML-FM The Sports Animal - Play Now

Here's a couple couple interesting notes...

-thinks Tyndall will have a tough time surviving this and thinks he gets a show cause penalty.

-thinks it drags out for 8-12 months

-the allegations are very similar to what happened at Morehead State, like with Pearl, NCAA doesn't take lightly to repeat offenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

-thinks Tyndall will have a tough time surviving this and thinks he gets a show cause penalty.

-King has been working on this story for 3 months, so either Hart didn't dig deep enough, or didn't care about these allegations....either way, he deserves to be canned if it turns out to be true.

-the allegations are very similar to what happened at Morehead State, like with Pearl, NCAA doesn't take lightly to repeat offenders.

I was younger when all the pearl stuff went down what exactly was his other offense all I know/knew of was the Aaron craft situation

If all this is true it is very unfortunate for the basketball program. If we have to changes coaches again we are facing a uphill battle to get back to the top of the SEC.

-King has been working on this story for 3 months, so either Hart didn't dig deep enough, or didn't care about these allegations....either way, he deserves to be canned if it turns out to be true.

I'm not saying we will never be good again in basketball, but if this is true it's going to set us back a lot. We already have problems luring great basketball coaches here, mainly due to the lack of willingness to spend big time money for a big time coach. You add this, along with the Zo and Pearl issues, and we don't have a ton to offer a new coach. We have great facilities, but our roster is a mess. Without big time money what decent coach would come here? To recruit well here you have to show results. Zo his first two years didn't recruit well here, and Tyndall wasn't knocking it out of the park either besides Clark. UT is not an easy job, and it's getting even harder due to our incompetent athletic department. If this is true, we have dug ourselves a big hole. Not only will Tyndall get canned, but so will a lot of his assistant coaches. When it's all said and done we may have 3-4 coaches to coach this team this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If he is I hope this Jason King chokes on crow.

If he is wrong.....could be why he is at bleacher report......i expected to click on the link and get a slide show....color me disappointed lol

CBS and ESPN have also both picked up the story, maybe there's some validity to it?

I'm sure there is but I don't give a sh*t what some guy from bleacher report says.....The worst thing that can happen to UT is they have to hire a new coach....I hope we happen to pick the right guy.....we have only done that once since Mears.

I'm sure there is but I don't give a sh*t what some guy from bleacher report says.....The worst thing that can happen to UT is they have to hire a new coach....I hope we happen to pick the right guy.....we have only done that once since Mears.

Find a coach that can stay out of NCAA trouble and make the sweet 16, that's all I ask.

Lol UT and hiring coaches is pretty much a worst case thing. Have you watched us hire coaches? This one hasn't even played a game and we already have issues.

Find a coach that can stay out of NCAA trouble and make the sweet 16, that's all I ask.

Go to Cal and be with him......your veiled attempt at Zo worship is pathetic......he made one sweet sixteen and was not going to make the tourney this yr or next. He barely made it with one of the most talented teams in tenn history that I am confident he couldn't do it with a less talented team.

Reactions: 20 people
I'm not saying we will never be good again in basketball, but if this is true it's going to set us back a lot. We already have problems luring great basketball coaches here, mainly due to the lack of willingness to spend big time money for a big time coach. You add this, along with the Zo and Pearl issues, and we don't have a ton to offer a new coach. We have great facilities, but our roster is a mess. Without big time money what decent coach would come here? To recruit well here you have to show results. Zo his first two years didn't recruit well here, and Tyndall wasn't knocking it out of the park either besides Clark. UT is not an easy job, and it's getting even harder due to our incompetent athletic department. If this is true, we have dug ourselves a big hole. Not only will Tyndall get canned, but so will a lot of his assistant coaches. When it's all said and done we may have 3-4 coaches to coach this team this year.

Well here's what I say. Your athletic department may have been in a mess in the past and maybe in a present mess but I think is just downright degrading and insensitive for you to say that the roster is a mess. These guys are humans with feelings and so are their parents and relatives, like me who read your BS. I don't appreciate the way that you referred to them. Thank God it isn't your son, grandson, brother, nephew or cousin that you addressed as a "mess." I would hate for you to have the feeling of disgust that I'm feeling for you right now.

Reactions: 13 people
what I think about are how many times we see pics of a player with $, or Trent Richardson's Cadillac, or SC's football team living in a hotel for next to nothing, or any of the other stories that come out with allegations, from sites like BR, only to have nothing ever come of it due to various reasons, including inaccuracy.
Didn't they report last week that Jamies Winston was point shaving? Which is a crime with jailtime. Yet I haven't heard another word about it.
Of course our luck sucks, but until interviews are done, sources confirmed and there is proof of wrongdoing, I'll stay in the vast minority that will wait and see before trying to end a coach's career based on random dude who a rat of some sort tipped off, as it will work itself out.

Reactions: 9 people
what I think about are how many times we see pics of a player with $, or Trent Richardson's Cadillac, or SC's football team living in a hotel for next to nothing, or any of the other stories that come out with allegations, from sites like BR, only to have nothing ever come of it due to various reasons, including inaccuracy.
Didn't they report last week that Jamies Winston was point shaving? Which is a crime with jailtime. Yet I haven't heard another word about it.
Of course our luck sucks, but until interviews are done, sources confirmed and there is proof of wrongdoing, I'll stay in the vast minority that will wait and see before trying to end a coach's career based on random dude who a rat of some sort tipped off, as it will work itself out.

Exactly......and most would be saying it's just a bleacher report article if it was positive towards us.

If we were talking about Bentleys or suits we'd be better off. That our top commitment flipped within an hour. Meh. It ain't going to be good and worst of all if I had to guess Tyndall will drag this to hell and back and then get canned wasting a lot of time.

Well here's what I say. Your athletic department may have been in a mess in the past and maybe in a present mess but I think is just downright degrading and insensitive for you to say that the roster is a mess. These guys are humans with feelings and so are their parents and relatives, like me who read your BS. I don't appreciate the way that you referred to them. Thank God it isn't your son, grandson, brother, nephew or cousin that you addressed as a "mess." I would hate for you to have the feeling of disgust that I'm feeling for you right now.
Thank you auntie,I apologize you have to read this stuff

Reactions: 2 people
Go to Cal and be with him......your veiled attempt at Zo worship is pathetic......he made one sweet sixteen and was not going to make the tourney this yr or next. He barely made it with one of the most talented teams in tenn history that I am confident he couldn't do it with a less talented team.

That wasn't about Zo, your obsession of making everything about him is beyond weird. Simply saying I want a coach that will make it to the second weekend, and will keep his nose clean enough to remain the coach.

I wouldn't think anything of it.....Jabari has to be mentally strong among all the doubters and even the praise to handle Div 1 ball....The good thing about sports is he gets to prove his doubters wrong on the court where it counts most.

Not sure why/how King's three-month project affects the validity of Hart's vetting procedure. Tyndall was hired seven months ago, and seven months ago, there was no story apparently. I certainly don't say that as a defender of Hart, but I think you're reaching for reasons to blame him for not doing his due diligence in researching Tyndall as a candidate. It is entirely possible he did a poor job, but apparently the NCAA, USM, and Tyndall all signed off on him in terms of institutional, league, and NCAA compliance. King's three-month long investigation seems to have uncovered some potential skeletons, but that doesn't mean that Hart didn't properly investigate the situation. He didn't have three months to investigate each and every coach he considered. He has to go on his intuition and the word of the NCAA, the school, and the coach himself that everything is on the up and up.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back