Brandon Lopez thread (merged)

No matter what, the memory of this kid disrupting Vandy's potential game winner at the buzzer will be forever etched in my memory. Well done young man!

Is he gonna pull a Gilliam and try to play?!?!?!
Never even gave it a thought until seeing the Gilliam article. Didn't know the technological evidently available. Since the basketball season is two months away and BL is five weeks ahead of Gilliam on rehab, who knows? Enough to give one heartburn! :)

Never even gave it a thought until seeing the Gilliam article. Didn't know the technological evidently available. Since the basketball season is two months away and BL is five weeks ahead of Gilliam on rehab, who knows? Enough to give one heartburn! :)

Take some tums SD.

I know the above posts are most likely sarcasm but I'll say this anyways.

It would be nearly impossible to recover in time to play this season. Gilliam coming back is one thing because he doesn't do very much cutting as an offensive lineman. However, to play the PG position which requires a ton of lateral movement and cutting would be nearly impossible no matter what kind of brace you put on. When I tore mine a few years ago it took nearly 8 months to get back to full steam. Another 4-6 months for me to be fully confident on it again. I tore mine again in February and am 5 months removed from surgery. Still not cleared to cut on it. It sucks for BL, hopefully he can continue to mentor the younger guys.

It would be nearly impossible to recover in time to play this season. Gilliam coming back is one thing because he doesn't do very much cutting as an offensive lineman. However, to play the PG position which requires a ton of lateral movement and cutting would be nearly impossible no matter what kind of brace you put on. When I tore mine a few years ago it took nearly 8 months to get back to full steam. Another 4-6 months for me to be fully confident on it again. I tore mine again in February and am 5 months removed from surgery. Still not cleared to cut on it. It sucks for BL, hopefully he can continue to mentor the younger guys.

Yeah but you weren't on track to be the starting pg for the UT. :) sorry I couldn't resist

Reactions: 2 people

Also I'm pretty sure I read that Gilliam had a very minor tear that wouldn't even require surgery.

it was '87 and just hs, but I braced up and played more my sr yr. I don't really remember there being a consideration to do anything else. But it kept giving out, even with the brace, so you have no option. The good thing is though, if it does give out, you can't tear it, because it's already torn. That's when they sliced the leg down the front and side. The better surgeons now are doing an "inside the knee" approach basically repairing arthroscopically, which is more beneficial to healing faster due to smaller incision and not having to slice through muscle and soft tissue with a hot knife.

I have class with him. I don't see any way he plays this year. He's moving verrrrrry slow. That injury takes time.

Tell him VolNation wishes him a speedy recovery! Would be a nice gesture to the young man!
I know his family, they went to church with me, good people. Last time i talked to his little brother (Nathan), he told me Jacob was going to push for a 6th year of elibility regardless of the chance. TIFWIW.

@Ben_Fred: Senior G Brandon Lopez recovering better than expected from torn ACL. Off crutches, riding stationary bike. Staff will continue to monitor.

They know where to go, to a Vol for Life! Detrick Mostella, "I felt like after the first shot I took, it looked good but it was too long, so after that, I felt like, when I got subbed, I went to the bench talking to Brandon Lopez. I was like that was the best first shot I ever took, I ever took for my first shot, so I learned from it. He was talking, he said it looked pretty good. I learned from it, came back out , and when I came back out I felt much better."

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back