Starting line up against Pikeville

Is Willie hurt?

Nope. I kinda figured that Woodson would be starting all along. Coach talk in order to get him motivated to put in the work. We will be much more successful with Woodson at the 5 as long as he is in game shape IMO.

Same with Hubbs.

Moore has some slight tightness in his back. Not sure if he will play or not.

Reactions: 1 person
The part I'm most surprised on is that willie isn't starting at the 4, Tyndall said if Woodson got to the point to where he was gonna get significant minutes that would be the case. Hopefully Moore can go, these guys need every minute possible playing together they can get.

Seems like CDT was giving us more "coach speak" than we thought. Since these are exhibition games I wouldn't chance Moore's injury. Let him rest.

I found it a little surprising that Reese made his way into the starting lineup for this game. I thought it would be Carmichael. I know starting does not matter in the Tyndall system as he plays about seven guys the same minutes and then two guys get a few less minutes.

I just checked dish. What channel for dish on sec network???

404 and three alternates 404-01, 404-02, 404-03. I do not know for sure if it is going to be shown on any of the four. I do know it is being streamed online at ESPN3 as the link is on the UT sports website.

I understand this doesn't mean these will be our starters all along I thought after watching hubbs in practice there would be no way you keep him off the fkoor.. He was running with the starting group as well... I am however surprised about Willie

where does mostella fit in

He was in the last rotation I heard except Reese was not in any of that. So him moving in starting means somebody has to move out. I think everybody plays a lot tonight and also the next exhibition. Tyndall likes to look for gamers guys who light it up in a game but are not as active in practice.
I guess Dobbs on the football team has to be considered that type of player. I think Mostella may be one of those type guys as well.

Reactions: 2 people
I understand this doesn't mean these will be our starters all along I thought after watching hubbs in practice there would be no way you keep him off the fkoor.. He was running with the starting group as well... I am however surprised about Willie

And also McGhee obviously?

Reactions: 2 people
I found it a little surprising that Reese made his way into the starting lineup for this game. I thought it would be Carmichael. I know starting does not matter in the Tyndall system as he plays about seven guys the same minutes and then two guys get a few less minutes.

He doesn't play 7 guys the same minutes

And also McGhee obviously?[/QUOTE

Is there really a need for been a smart ass? I never said I expected McGhee to start I said I expect him to get quality playing time.. Is there something wrong with me stating my opinion about that?

He doesn't play 7 guys the same minutes

Last season he played one guy 31 minutes. He played two guys 27 minutes, two guys 23 minutes, and two guys 19 minutes. So other than the one guy that is really close in minutes. if your the seventh guy playing 19 minutes you have to be really happy. The last two in his rotation played about 13. So yes he gives three guys a few more minutes 4 thru 7 is about the same.

And also McGhee obviously?[/QUOTE

Is there really a need for been a smart ass? I never said I expected McGhee to start I said I expect him to get quality playing time.. Is there something wrong with me stating my opinion about that?

It was a honest question? Was asking if you were surprised Reese was getting the nod over both Carmichael AND McGhee?

Last season he played one guy 31 minutes. He played two guys 27 minutes, two guys 23 minutes, and two guys 19 minutes. So other than the one guy that is really close in minutes. if your the seventh guy playing 19 minutes you have to be really happy. The last two in his rotation played about 13. So yes he gives three guys a few more minutes 4 thru 7 is about the same.

31-19....that's a pretty wide range.

Could just be a coaching respect jesture for returning players.
Wouldn't read much into starting line ups until about 4 games in.

Could just be a coaching respect jesture for returning players.
Wouldn't read much into starting line ups until about 4 games in.

I would think game 1 against VCU Tyndall will roll out who he truly feels gives him the best chance to win, no?

VN Store

Back