KU G Conner Frankamp transferring

cncchris33

Kansas SO PG/SG Conner Frankamp is transferring at the end of the fall semester. He will have 2 1/2 years of eligibility and be eligible for 2nd semester of the 2015-16 season (similar to Jeronne Maymon situation). Averaged 2.5 ppg and .6 apg in 8.3 minutes, but averaged 11 ppg in the NCAA tournament and was one of the team's best perimeter shooters.

Wonder if we pursue him? Was the #7 PG and #34 overall player coming out in the 2013 class according to Rivals. Doesn't show a lot of offers because he committed to KU the summer before his JR year of HS.

Reactions: 1 person
What don't you get? He wasn't gonna play and saw that, wanted out.

He's just a sophomore. He might have chances to play more in the next couple years and go down as a fan favorite type guy. He's an instate guy, so I thought he would have been a little more committed to KU.

I don't blame the kid if he felt he was recruited over. He was already behind another SO and a FR for PG minutes. If his dream was to be on the team at KU, then he should have stayed. If his dream was to play college basketball, then he probably made the right decision.

He's just a sophomore. He might have chances to play more in the next couple years and go down as a fan favorite type guy. He's an instate guy, so I thought he would have been a little more committed to KU.

Some of the guys playing over him are freshman and sophomores, I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall.

I could see him going to Wichita State, would be a good fit.

Some of the guys playing over him are freshman and sophomores, I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall.

I could see him going to Wichita State, would be a good fit.

Kids a good floor leader but he chose to run to the big lights, and now he's running away cause he can't get enough playing time.

He was an instate kid, I don't know how much he really loves KU but giving up this early in his sophomore year is weak imo.

Kids a good floor leader but he chose to run to the big lights, and now he's running away cause he can't get enough playing time.

He was an instate kid, I don't know how much he really loves KU but giving up this early in his sophomore year is weak imo.

You only get 4 years of eligibility. You would've preferred he use up 3 of those riding the bench?

You only get 4 years of eligibility. You would've preferred he use up 3 of those riding the bench?

Lol, if you grow up loving a school you stay there and work your butt off and that school. I don't know if that's the case anyway. Take Wiltjer. He was a soph. when he left. But he has a chance at the nba (A school that just produced a guy similar to Wiltjer) and moved closer home. This guy is already close to home and I don't believe he is leaving for any nba aspirations. I guess he just wants the chance to play the game more, and I understand that.

It'd be like me going to UK. I'd love to just ride the bench and enjoy it. I would hate having to watch at times, but I'd feel comfortable there for 4 years and ride off into the sunset with my degree.

Besides, who says he doesn't get more playing time in the next few years. Never know what might happen.

You're making a big assumption that Kansas is his dream school, even if it was, he would be foolish to ride the pine for 4 years which likely was gonna be the case, than go somewhere he would play.

Maybe he wants more than riding the pine and getting a degree, and you can't sit here and speak what it would be like, because you haven't got the foggiest idea what it would be like lol.

Lol, if you grow up loving a school you stay there and work your butt off and that school. I don't know if that's the case anyway. Take Wiltjer. He was a soph. when he left. But he has a chance at the nba (A school that just produced a guy similar to Wiltjer) and moved closer home. This guy is already close to home and I don't believe he is leaving for any nba aspirations. I guess he just wants the chance to play the game more, and I understand that.

It'd be like me going to UK. I'd love to just ride the bench and enjoy it. I would hate having to watch at times, but I'd feel comfortable there for 4 years and ride off into the sunset with my degree.

Besides, who says he doesn't get more playing time in the next few years. Never know what might happen.

That's the difference in a fan's perspective and a player's perspective. This kid is from Kansas and probsbly grew up loving the Jayhawks, but he also grew up loving to PLAY basketball, not just watchit as a fan on the bench.

If you were a legit D1 athlete, I think you'd have a different perspective. As a fan with no decision to truly make, riding the pine and going ga-ga over Cal and his band of mercenaries seems like a dream come. But for the player, he just wants to play, and sometimes that means a change of venue whether it's what you'd prefer or not.

No, I'm definitely speaking as a player. Maybe not as a D-1 athlete, but I love the game as much as anyone. I had chances to play at smaller in-state schools, and chose to go to my dream school and hope something crazy would happen. I knew nothing would happen, but I don't let that kill me.

Let's say my assumption is true, and he's a huge KU fan. He says he loves the school, and basically was saying it's not a big fit, then yes he probably is going for playing time and love of the game. That's a completely fair viewpoint. I dont understand it lol, but completely understandable if he want to guarantee himself a spot on another team. Not trying to put ideas into his heads, just curious as someone who loves the game too, but obviously not close to d-1 material.

He probably has hopes of playing professionally, something else you've also got no hope of (not bashing), and he probably realizes from a business standpoint going somewhere he's gonna play is much better for him than riding the pine and trying to get on somewhere after that.

He probably has hopes of playing professionally, something else you've also got no hope of (not bashing), and he probably realizes from a business standpoint going somewhere he's gonna play is much better for him than riding the pine and trying to get on somewhere after that.

No, I get the differences. I've given up ball, I realized coming out of high school (where I had only played two years anyway) I had no shot.

More power to him. Who knows, maybe he goes somewhere and succeeds. I hope he does. At least he got a lot of good coaching at a school like KU.

No, I get the differences. I've given up ball, I realized coming out of high school (where I had only played two years anyway) I had no shot.

More power to him. Who knows, maybe he goes somewhere and succeeds. I hope he does. At least he got a lot of good coaching at a school like KU.

Man, you're so much easier to have a conversation with than those Memphis guys. Thanks for keeping it polite.

VN Store

Back