Offical VFL's in the NBA stats

Stoked

We currently have 3 Vols in the NBA right now...Tobias Harris, Jarnell Stokes, and CJ Watson. This thread is going to be about them. I'll try to keep everyone updated on how each are doing, but feel free to help out.

*mods this thread is technically about the NBA and not the current basketball team, but I figured it would be cool to have it in the basketball forum since they are former vols. Please move it if you think otherwise.

Tobias Harris lead the Magic with 25 points and 8 rebounds. Also lead in minutes with 36 min. Moving from Milwaukee to Orlando was the best thing that could have happened for Tobias.

Reactions: 7 people
The Grizzlies play the Timberwolves tonight at 8. We'll see if Stokes gets any PT.

Tobais was hurt last night. Idk if they just held him out because the game was out of reach or what. Seemed like a knee.

I've heard knee and I've heard cramps for Tobias. I get the feeling it was cramps. I turned the game off before he went out, but the more reasonable speculations I've seen have been cramps.

Tobias is going to have the green light this season, especially until Oladipo returns. He should put up somewhere b/t 17-20 ppg if I had to guess. He still has trouble defensively, and his long range shot is still unreliable. I had hoped to see improvement in those areas. It was only one game, but I didn't see much progress there (including preseason games).

If he doesn't reach an extension agreement with the Magic by Friday, he'll become an RFA at season's end. I think he's looking for Gordon Hayward type money, and the Magic are looking at somewhere between 8-10M / year. The two sides are reportedly far apart in negotiations, so it's likely he'll play this season looking for a big pay day. He'll really improve his stock if he continues to be aggressive on offense and improves in at least one of the areas mentioned above.

Reactions: 1 person
Tobias with 14 points & 4 boards last night.
Averaging 19.5 points & 6 rebounds.

Tobias scored 11 points & 9 rebounds on Saturday and 21 points & 9 rebounds last night. He is averaging 18 points 7.5 rebounds and 1 assist this year. Shooting 43% FG, 50% 3ptfg (3/6 from 3), and 80% from the FT line.

Tobias is currently tied for 35th in scoring and 35th in rebounding. 6th in scoring for SF's and 2nd in rebounding for SF's.

I don't know his stats but heard on the radio Tobias hit the game winner tonight. I was a little sympathetic to the start of his NBA career but I'm starting to think the Bucks being morons/terrible top to bottom was a blessing. He has at least a couple of years of extra tread on the tires because he was able to pick splinters with them. keep it going TH.

VFL

Last edited:

VN Store

Back