More RIM Runners this year than last?

rocky200663

Just curious on what everybodys opinion is on this: Do you guys think we may have more RIM runners on this team compared to last years team? You couldn't take much from last night but maybe we saw that. Don't know just curious to know everyones thoughts on this!! TIA

More athletes. Time will tell if they can finish once they get to the rim. This year should be entertaing with all the great athletes we have.

Collectively during the scrimmage the guys missed more rimmers than they made. Only one guy made every one he attempted. Of course that was the "Dunk Monster" himself, Jabari McGhee. Punter made all but one badly thrown alley oop. Nothing much to say about the others.

Do understand...They were ALL tired after a 3 1/2 hour long practice just before the event. It just shows who can play through it and come out on top.

Most of these guys came with pretty good stats and they are more athletic than the previous team. So to answer your question yes there are more rim runners.

@AuntieDee

How much do you think Jabari will play this year? Has he mentioned?

Final question for you, how long has Jabari been playing basketball for?

@AuntieDee

How much do you think Jabari will play this year? Has he mentioned?

Final question for you, how long has Jabari been playing basketball for?

He has not mentioned minutes. He reiterates what Coach Tyndall says in all of his interviews...that is it depends on how well you play in practice. However, he'll get some time. How much? I haven't the foggiest. But if does what he's done in the past he'll have a breakthrough game and the rest will be history. He's small in statue but he plays like a big man.

I'll just give you his sports history...

Jabari played baseball as an elementary kid. Then he was discovered in 7th grade by his middle school coach. He saw him in office one day and said, "I need you." Of course that was because he stood out in a crowd.

Coach put him on football suit and he played wide receiver. He was a good receiver but didn't like contact sports. The same coach was the head coach for basketball as well and that is where Jabari found his niche.

He holds the city's middle school high jump record and the region's high school high jump record. He ran cross country and he was a "not so good" goalie in high school soccer. LOL so, he's dibbled and dabbled in several sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He has not mentioned minutes. He reiterates what Coach Tyndall says in all of his interviews...that is it depends on how well you play in practice. However, he'll get some time. How much? I haven't the foggiest. But if does what he's done in the past he'll have a breakthrough game and the rest will be history. He's small in statue but he plays like a big man.

I'll just give you his sports history...

Jabari played baseball as an elementary kid. Then he was discovered in 7th grade by his middle school coach. He saw him in office one day and said, "I need you." Of course that was because he stood out in a crowd.

Coach put him on football suit and he played wide receiver. He was a good receiver but didn't like contact sports. The same coach was the head coach for basketball as well and that is where Jabari found his niche.

He holds the city's middle school high jump record and the region's high school high jump record. He ran cross country and he was a "not so good" goalie in high school soccer. LOL so, he's dibbled and dabbled in several sports.

Goalie? Really? He has done just about everything! Has he played golf, cricket or tennis?

Lol. You are funny. Nah but he is the ping pong champion of Hargrave!

He said in his "hello my name is" interview that he was good at ping pong. Idk if you saw that thread or not but everyone liked his personality. I'm really excited to see him and Willie develop these next 4 years. They are my two favorite freshman. I like the energy they bring. The only time Volnation ever has a negative thing to say about a player is when they aren't giving their all for UT or when they have a negative attitude. I have a feeling we won't have to worry about that with Jabari though.

Reactions: 1 person
He said in his "hello my name is" interview that he was good at ping pong. Idk if you saw that thread or not but everyone liked his personality. I'm really excited to see him and Willie develop these next 4 years. They are my two favorite freshman. I like the energy they bring. The only time Volnation ever has a negative thing to say about a player is when they aren't giving their all for UT or when they have a negative attitude. I have a feeling we won't have to worry about that with Jabari though.

There is absolutely nothing Jabari loves better than basketball. He will give his team 110%+ in every game. He will play through injuries and beg coach to put him on the floor when the team is in trouble. He'll cry if the team loses a game he felt they should have won. He'll get the players involved in the game from the court or the courtside. He takes every game to HEART! He is a baller...no doubt. Ya'll will love him!:thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry....I'm not a big basketball fan....please explain what a RIM runner is.

Just what it says: A basketball player that can run and get to the rim and slam it home. Jabari McGee fits that bill. Josh Richardson had a slam against Iowa and McRae against UMASS that were runs to the rim. JP Prince was a rim runner as was Allen Houston back in the day although he could do it all!!

Reactions: 1 person
Just what it says: A basketball player that can run and get to the rim and slam it home. Jabari McGee fits that bill. Josh Richardson had a slam against Iowa and McRae against UMASS that were runs to the rim. JP Prince was a rim runner as was Allen Houston back in the day although he could do it all!!

Thanks Rocky. I couldn't have explained better. :thumbsup:

Didn't make it up. I've heard former commentator Jimmy Dykes use the term alot on the broadcasts

Jimmy Dykes uses a lot of terms on his broadcasts. He makes up about 5 new ones each week. "Shadow defenders" being one of my favorites.

VN Store

Back