For those attending tomorrow

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
Please post updates in this thread or any other one would love to see some pics and videos especially of that dunk contest

Reactions: 1 person
I know video cameras are not allowed during regular games but do you think they would allow it during the Madness?

I know video cameras are not allowed during regular games but do you think they would allow it during the Madness?

I doubt they would the huge ones like the ones you have to struggle to hold but if its a phone or maybe a little digital camera I don't see why they would mind

My choice to win the three point shooting contest is Middleton of the Lady Vols. My choice in the dunk contest is Mostella.

Sorry, the underdog won...Jabari McGhee. Seems as though the team favorite has to get his act together.

No, Jabari had a 2.95 out of high school. He needed a few points on the SAT. That was brought out on the CNN special edition of Inside Man. He was strictly waiting on test scores. As a matter of fact he didn't have to wait for the end of the school year to leave because his score came up before graduation. So he left right after basketball season.

Last edited:
He did not get the score he needed in order to meet NCAA's eligibility by signing time.

Because he had raw basketball skills and never been taught the fundamentals of the game, He also wanted to tweak his skills to be ready for the collegiate level. So he reclassified and played another summer of AAU which he loved. He greatly improved.

He also wanted to pick up offers from other regions. He originally verbally committed to Auburn but we saw the handwriting on the wall there. He had been offered a scholarship at IMG but felt like Hargrave was better for exposure because they played on different circuit.

I know you didn't have time to get the 411 on him before Tyndall snatched him up. So is Anything else rattling your curiosity?

If you hadn't already, google his name. He's all over the internet. Numerous News articles and Countless interviews locally and nationally. Oh and let's not forget videos. His life is an open book with no regrets.

Last edited:
Hopefully he continues to do well in the classroom, and does better on future tests, sounds like a good kid and that everything worked out well.

Hopefully he continues to do well in the classroom, and does better on future tests, sounds like a good kid and that everything worked out well.

We are certainly planning and praying on his success at UT. He is a good young man and never had an attitude problem or been in any trouble at school or in the community. He is well loved and respected in our town.

He has a solid and stable home life where academics, respect and hard work is stressed and expected.

Not so much worried about standardized testing. Lots a students take those over and over again even to get better scores for academic scholarships.

Sounds like that maybe about the average rate. Jabari took it 3 times. "Third time a charm".

Needed a 30 for a full ride at my college and got a 28 4 times. I was so frustrated. My mom wanted me to take it a fifth time and I put my foot down. At least I was consistent.

VN Store

Back