Willie Carmichael III and Jabari Mcghee

It's going to be awesome seeing these 2 players develop these next 4 years!

Definitely. And I think Carmichael has a chance to be special here. I predict him breaking rebounding records not only at Tennessee but SEC records also.

Am I the only one that thought it looks like they're peeing at first glance? Ha, sweet pic though

Reactions: 2 people
Definitely. And I think Carmichael has a chance to be special here. I predict him breaking rebounding records not only at Tennessee but SEC records also.

I think he will be a good player for UT, but SEC records?

Idk Jarnell Stokes was a monster on the boards. I'll have to see it to believe it. He will be a nice rebounder here though. I predict many double doubles in his future.

Reactions: 1 person

Eeeeh. I don't know. Gene Tormohlen had a career 1113 and Bernard had 1004.

Tormohlen averaged 17.7rpg in one season. The weaker competition that UT played against in the past greatly inflated some of these stats. I just don't think it will be broken. I hope Carmichael does, but not likely IMO.

Carmichael would have to come out and average double digit rebounds a game this year, and playing a few Sect and postseason tourney games would help.

10 rebounds a game average, 30 games a year would put him on pace for the Tennessee record, not sure what the SEC record is.

Carmichael would have to come out and average double digit rebounds a game this year, and playing a few Sect and postseason tourney games would help.

10 rebounds a game average, 30 games a year would put him on pace for the Tennessee record, not sure what the SEC record is.
BTO, honestly if Carmichael averaged double digit rebounds his freshman season, if he isn't gone to the NBA after that year then definitely his sophomore year.

BTO, honestly if Carmichael averaged double digit rebounds his freshman season, if he isn't gone to the NBA after that year then definitely his sophomore year.

I disagree, if Jarnell Stokes would've played a full freshman season he would be on pace to smash that mark after 3 seasons, and he had a decision to make as far as whether to go or not.

Stokes also has probably an inch, 40lbs, and a much more advanced offensive game to attract the NBA guys. Carmichael is going to have the luxury of playing 25+ minutes a night every single game for 4 years most likely, it's not completely out of the question.

Something you've also gotta keep in mind is the postseason games count, so if Tennessee finishes bottom 4 and gets no SECT bye he could play 2-3 game there. Then he could play another 2-3 in the NIT, so you're talking about close to a 40 game season which lowers the average needed down to around 8rpg.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's not crazy to think if he's a 4 year starter and stays healthy he could possibly break the Tennessee record. I'm still not sure what the SEC record is so I won't comment on that one.

Last edited:
Good example of this is Wayne Chism, he pretty much was a 3 1/2 year starter at Tennesee, played in 142 games, averaged only 6.5 rebounds per game, but ranks 5th all time on UT's career rebounding list.

If Carmichael was to play in the same 142 games he would have to average 7.9rpg to break the all time record. Once again, I'm not saying it's going to happen, but given the amount of minutes he's gonna get as a freshman it's plausible.

I disagree, if Jarnell Stokes would've played a full freshman season he would be on pace to smash that mark after 3 seasons, and he had a decision to make as far as whether to go or not.

Stokes also has probably an inch, 40lbs, and a much more advanced offensive game to attract the NBA guys. Carmichael is going to have the luxury of playing 25+ minutes a night every single game for 4 years most likely, it's not completely out of the question.

Something you've also gotta keep in mind is the postseason games count, so if Tennessee finishes bottom 4 and gets no SECT bye he could play 2-3 game there. Then he could play another 2-3 in the NIT, so you're talking about close to a 40 game season which lowers the average needed down to around 8rpg.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's not crazy to think if he's a 4 year starter and stays healthy he could possibly break the Tennessee record. I'm still not sure what the SEC record is so I won't comment on that one.

But the opportunity for more rebounds may be greater in the CDT offense...at least I would think so....But no one knows....its fun speculation....lets just home he's a rebounder machine and can run the floor....

I just wish more people could have seen Bernard King rebound. The guy was just ferocious. At about 6-6 and maybe 200 pounds, he used quickness and tenacity to average 13 rebounds a game for three seasons. As great a scorer as he was, King was - to me - even more impressive as a rebounder.

I just wish more people could have seen Bernard King rebound. The guy was just ferocious. At about 6-6 and maybe 200 pounds, he used quickness and tenacity to average 13 rebounds a game for three seasons. As great a scorer as he was, King was - to me - even more impressive as a rebounder.

He got off the floor quicker than anyone I ever saw. The same went with how quick he could get off a shot.

It's going to be awesome seeing these 2 players develop these next 4 years!

(Warning...long post. Lol).

I agree! They will both be great. This will be a great team. And I will be there cheering them on.

I've been silent at Volnation for several weeks. Just reading and observing. Trying to digest a few things. But now, It's time to have my say. Grant it, I'm no BBall expert, But I'm an expert on Jabari McGhee. Seems like some folks have pushed Jabari aside on this team. One even suggested he may be redshirted. Don't count him out. He's played against some really tough guys and several of them are in the NBA NOW.

My favorite story to tell is that He once held Julius Randle (Lakers) down to just 8 pts guarding him the entire game. If you know Randle you know he is much larger than Jabari, but Jabari plays like he's 6'10, 250 lbs.

Jabari has played the fast paced run and gun game since 9th grade. Did it even better at Hargrave. So, Tyndall's practice is not all that new to him. Just more rigorous especially with the workouts.

He's proven himself on every level thus far (high school, AAU, Prep school). Far beyond what most people expected. He' ll do it on this level as well.

At Hargrave (#2 nationally) Jabari McGhee averaged 24 pts, 15 rebounds, blocked four-or-five shots, had 3-4 steals and took at least 2 charges per game. He once dunked on a 7'5 dude in AAU. Checkout the video at CourtCred. He ain't never scared! Lol

He's had a little upper respiratory bout since being in TN. Its a minor setback that caused him to slow down a bit. HOWEVER, Jabari is a workhorse. He'll work through it and will rise bigger, better, and stronger.:thumbsup: See you at the game. I'll be wearing McGhee 21

Reactions: 3 people

I agree! They will both be great. This will be a great team. And I will be there cheering them on.

I've been silent at Volnation for several weeks. Just reading and observing. Trying to digest a few things. But now, It's time to have my say. Grant it, I'm no BBall expert, But I'm an expert on Jabari McGhee. Seems like some folks have pushed Jabari aside on this team. One even suggested he may be redshirted. Don't count him out. He's played against some really tough guys and several of them are in the NBA NOW.

My favorite story to tell is that He once held Julius Randle (Lakers) down to just 8 pts guarding him the entire game. If you know Randle you know he is much larger than Jabari, but Jabari plays like he's 6'10, 250 lbs.

Jabari has played the fast paced run and gun game since 9th grade. Did it even better at Hargrave. So, Tyndall's practice is not all that new to him. Just more rigorous especially with the workouts.

He's proven himself on every level thus far (high school, AAU, Prep school). Far beyond what most people expected. He' ll do it on this level as well.

At Hargrave (#2 nationally) Jabari McGhee averaged 24 pts, 15 rebounds, blocked four-or-five shots, had 3-4 steals and took at least 2 charges per game. He once dunked on a 7'5 dude in AAU. Checkout the video at CourtCred. He ain't never scared! Lol

He's had a little upper respiratory bout since being in TN. Its a minor setback that caused him to slow down a bit. HOWEVER, Jabari is a workhorse. He'll work through it and will rise bigger, better, and stronger.:thumbsup: See you at the game. I'll be wearing McGhee 21

Had no idea about randle, thanks for posting !

Reactions: 2 people

First, welcome to Volnation! You seem like you are going to be a great poster. I take it you know Jabari personally, aunt maybe? I do agree with you that I think Jarbari will be a great player here and he is very underrated. With his sense of humor, smiling personality, I think he'll be a fan favorite in these next few years.

First, welcome to Volnation! You seem like you are going to be a great poster. I take it you know Jabari personally, aunt maybe? I do agree with you that I think Jarbari will be a great player here and he is very underrated. With his sense of humor, smiling personality, I think he'll be a fan favorite in these next few years.

:hi: I am Jabari's aunt and he's lived with me for the past 3 years. So I know him well.

I've read every basketball post at Volnation since June. So I've been here for a while. Just hadn't posted anything.

I enjoy reading the post even when they are not that favorable for Jabari. Lol. I love that he's sort of the underdog. It's happened everywhere he's played. Then wow!....he has a break out game and the rest is history. Just ask Jabari Parker and Julius Randle. Lol

I know he has to develop more to be great at this level. He's not a perimeter shooter. His signature is rebounding and driving coast to coast with a thunderous dunk. He plays hard on both ends and finishes around the rim. I'm sure the staff will get him where he needs to be.

I'll be here every step of the way. Cheering this entire team on to the Tourney. I'm looking forward to the next four years on the Rocky Top.

Now don't y'all tiptoe around me and try to spare my feelings 'cause I'm Jabari's auntie. Lol. Keep on posting. I'm A big girl (literally) and I wear my big girl pants everyday!
#GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I think most of us think Jabari is going to be a good player at UT. I thought he might be a redshirt candidate, but what the heck do I or any other fan know? It's up to the coaching staff and Jabari.

VN Store

Back