Coach shumate talks post players

No mention of Reese at all. For the people that couldn't listen to this, coach said Dom is losing weight and Willie is gaining. Said that Owens need to gain more weight, but he said that he'll come out of nowhere and block a shot. Coach said that Moore will be working with the 4's and with the guards.

No mention of Reese at all. For the people that couldn't listen to this, coach said Dom is losing weight and Willie is gaining. Said that Owens need to gain more weight, but he said that he'll come out of nowhere and block a shot. Coach said that Moore will be working with the 4's and with the guards.

Thanks stoked I should've gave a summary as well,and as far as the Owens comment I'm sure he does come out of nowhere he's so skinny probably disappears lol

Owens is a really really good shot blocker. He's gonna be a great player eventually. Just needs the weight.

Owens is a really really good shot blocker. He's gonna be a great player eventually. Just needs the weight.

The weight will come I'm not too worried about that. I'm excited though, I can't remember the last time UT had someone with his shot blocking potential. Of course there is Armani Moore, but I'm talking about someone that's going to play down low. I have a feeling Carmichael will be pretty solid at blocking too.

The weight will come I'm not too worried about that. I'm excited though, I can't remember the last time UT had someone with his shot blocking potential. Of course there is Armani Moore, but I'm talking about someone that's going to play down low. I have a feeling Carmichael will be pretty solid at blocking too.

John Fields

True but he was only here a year. I think he was a little more hype than anything. He came in here hyped up as a shot blocker and really didn't have too many Wow blocks like you get with Moore.

Fields blocked about twice as many shots as Moore did, and in less minutes per game, they may not have been "wow" blocks, but I prefer you block it in bounds like Fields was great at than 10 rows deep like Moore does.

Jmo

Fields blocked about twice as many shots as Moore did, and in less minutes per game, they may not have been "wow" blocks, but I prefer you block it in bounds like Fields was great at than 10 rows deep like Moore does.

Jmo

I agree, though occasionally sending it 10 rows deep can mess with a players head more.

Marcus Haislip

VN Store

Back