Punter taking position change in stride

kamoshika

Kevin Punter has been a shooting guard all his life. Growing up in Bronx, N.Y., playing at Body of Christ Prep School in North Carolina, his last stop, at State Fair Community College in Missouri, too. He’s always been a two guard.

So when asked Monday about perhaps the biggest Tennessee basketball story line of the preseason, his move to point guard, he naturally laughed off the question.

“I’ve never played point guard a day in my life,” he said with a smile. “It’s been going good, I actually like it. I think it’s going to better me, better the team. It’s something I look forward to, another challenge in life.”

Vols

Reactions: 1 person
I thought Darr may have been taking some snaps on the OL.

Reactions: 7 people
Well, what can you do when you lose your starting point guard to an ACL injury? Teach a 2 how to run the point! Thank God BL can help coach him! And you jokers didn't want nothing to do with him starting! Give me a break! Shows how much you actually knew! Hopefully, he can take up the slack! Roll the dice, my friends!

Well, what can you do when you lose your starting point guard to an ACL injury? Teach a 2 how to run the point! Thank God BL can help coach him! And you jokers didn't want nothing to do with him starting! Give me a break! Shows how much you actually knew! Hopefully, he can take up the slack! Roll the dice, my friends!

I know we need someone behind him, but is Chiles not looking impressive or something? I really thought he would be good. Seemed like he was good at getting to basket.

I am assuming Tyndall is also giving Chiles and Mostella some work at point guard. Is my assumption correct?

We didn't lose our starting pg. We lost Lopez .

I got a feeling that will change before 1st game.

Yeah me too......both he and Hubbs were injured during the summer....I bet if they are both healthy through preseason practices....hubbs will start and chiles will be the back up PG.

Yeah me too......both he and Hubbs were injured during the summer....I bet if they are both healthy through preseason practices....hubbs will start and chiles will be the back up PG.

I definitely see Chiles being the back up.

Am I just making this up, I thought Chiles was really struggling? Injury, and just can't pick up what he's being taught?

I got a feeling that will change before 1st game.

Possibly, Tyndall said he wants to go 8-9 deep preferably, if that's true then Punter and Richardson are your likely PG options.

Punter/Richardson
Richardson/ Mostella
Baulkman/ Hubbs
Moore/ Carmichael
Carmichael/Woodson/Owens

Reese, Chiles and McGhee seem like the odd men out.

Possibly, Tyndall said he wants to go 8-9 deep preferably, if that's true then Punter and Richardson are your likely PG options.

Punter/Richardson
Richardson/ Mostella
Baulkman/ Hubbs
Moore/ Carmichael
Carmichael/Woodson/Owens

Reese, Chiles and McGhee seem like the odd men out.

Chiles seems like one of our better shooters on the team, I'm sure he'll see minutes. I really like McGhee but he may end up redshirting. I think he'll be a hell of a player for us in the future.

VN Store

Back