First official practice

It's just highlights but Dom looks good. And him driving to the bucket is very nice to see.

Krag looks like he added some hop to his bounce. Like that little floater by Hubbs at the end. Dom reminds me of Kenny Hall. I hope I'm wrong on him.

For some reason I want to say he's had that wrap on his wrist since last year. Maybe just something he does?
The good news is that he doesn't have his shoulder brace on anymore. Can't wait to see what Hubbs looks like healthy.

I know a lot of people are down on Hubbs because he didn't come in right away and look like a 5 star. We have to remember that Jordan McRae, one of our best scorers we have had since Lofton, only had 18 points total his freshman year. Then only averaged 9 ppg his sophmore year. Hubbs had 60 points with only 12 games played vs McRae's 10 games played. I think there were 3 things holding Hubbs back last year...

1. His injury
2. His confidence
3. The offensive system him was playing in

The good news is that he doesn't have his shoulder brace on anymore. Can't wait to see what Hubbs looks like healthy.

I think Hubbs doed great in this offense. I really don't see why people are down on him. It wasn't like he played the whole year. He was still trying to do all these things on a bum shoulder. I think he'll be fine.

I think Hubbs doed great in this offense. I really don't see why people are down on him. It wasn't like he played the whole year. He was still trying to do all these things on a bum shoulder. I think he'll be fine.

I think he'll do good 2 but not being in the projected starting lineup is worrisome

Dom physically looks a bit better. He displays moments of brilliance, just needs to be able to stay on the court. Trim him up, get his head straight, and he can play.

I think he'll do good 2 but not being in the projected starting lineup is worrisome

Projected starting line ups are like preseason rankings. It only matters in the end. And furthermore if he's averaging 25-30 mins a game does starting matter? It's all about who finishes the game and who is in during crucial situations. Starting is very overrated.

Reactions: 1 person
Projected starting line ups are like preseason rankings. It only matters in the end. And furthermore if he's averaging 25-30 mins a game does starting matter? It's all about who finishes the game and who is in during crucial situations. Starting is very overrated.

I'm not trying to take away from your point, as a matter of fact, I agree with it. And if, like in your scenario, Hubbs is playing 25-30 min as a 6th or 7th man, my concern would be moot. But in this case it would concern me a little also that a 5* player cant crack the starting lineup on this squad. If we had several other 4 or 5* he were competing against, it would be one thing. but we don't. jmo

the success of the season is predicated on whether Owens weight gain mirrors Dom's weight loss.

VN Store

Back