Traci Carter 2015 PG

This could be a big reason for the sudden backing off on Dequon Miller. At 6'2 he seems to fit what CDT is trying to do on defense more than Miller. IMO

He likes to jump passing lanes in the video I saw.

Good looking prospect. Would be a really nice get for CDT. The best option from who we're in on IMO.

Jumpshot has a tad bit of a Scotty Hopson look.

Don't have time to watch any film is he pass first ?

Not from what's on YouTube. But, those guys that put the highlights together seem to over saturate the video with threes and lay ups/dunks regardless of who the prospect is and what position they play.

With what little bit of passing is shown, he's adept at it.

Cincinnati and Penn State have both already offered. Tennessee did as well, but that was when Cuonzo Martin was still their head coach.
So did Donnie reoffer?

Last edited:
Jumpshot has a tad bit of a Scotty Hopson look.

I noticed it too, but after watching, I think that might partially have to do with his height (only 6' tall) and the low angle from which the video is shot in the first clip on 247. The second clip didn't make it seem like there was a tremendous arc on his shot. His form is likely a healthy blend of Hopson (too much arc early in his career), and McRae (too flat).

***Disclaimer (for those who will almost assuredly overreact): I'm not calling him the next Hopson or McRae. Comparisons to those players are purely based on their respective shooting forms.

So two recruits get two crystal balls each to UT on the same day...I think Jerry Meyer might be on to something.

So two recruits get two crystal balls each to UT on the same day...I think Jerry Meyer might be on to something.

Top 100 PG before his knee injury.....would be a huge get by CDT. CDT is impressive with his hard work on the recruting trail.

And yet, Rob Lewis and Ben Frederickson seem to be being led to believe Jerron Martin, the JUCO who was let go at Ole Miss after playing 7 minutes last season, is the guy Tennessee is targeting. Curious.

And yet, Rob Lewis and Ben Frederickson seem to be being led to believe Jerron Martin, the JUCO who was let go at Ole Miss after playing 7 minutes last season, is the guy Tennessee is targeting. Curious.

Could be they're going after both, I'm assuming Martin would come in as a junior. Having Carter a freshman on the roster would give you 2 PGs, with one being groomed for the future.

247 did say Tyndall was gonna take 5, maybe it's Martin, Carter, Clarke, Schofield and Phillips.

Could be they're going after both, I'm assuming Martin would come in as a junior. Having Carter a freshman on the roster would give you 2 PGs, with one being groomed for the future.

247 did say Tyndall was gonna take 5, maybe it's Martin, Carter, Clarke, Schofield and Phillips.

Maybe. That's a lot if roster turnover waiting to happen, but that seems to the norm these days.

Maybe. That's a lot if roster turnover waiting to happen, but that seems to the norm these days.

I agree and mentioned it in another thread. If you take 5 guys, then you are assuming before this season even starts that two players on the current roster won't stick. Now, true, CDT and staff have a more intimate view into the players' specific, unique situations, but that seems risky looking in from the outside.

I agree and mentioned it in another thread. If you take 5 guys, then you are assuming before this season even starts that two players on the current roster won't stick. Now, true, CDT and staff have a more intimate view into the players' specific, unique situations, but that seems risky looking in from the outside.

I think, sorry Krager, that Reese graduating and looking elsewhere is very possible after this season. Obviously we don't know for sure how he's gonna turn out, but with Tyndall having no commitment to him, and early reports being he's disappointed it wouldn't be shocking, at least to me.

That leaves 1 more guy leaving, predicting that one gets a bit dicey, and I'm not sure there's as sure of an answer for spot #2 as spot #1. I will just say that there's a list of guys who you can probably make an argument for as to why it's possible, so maybe Tyndall feels that with 4-5 guys being small chance, that odds at least 1 ends up leaving.

Dom is a guy who hasn't stayed at the same spot for the last 3-4 years, hopefully he's turned a corner, but you never know. Robert Hubbs hopes to play in the NBA and ASAP, not very likely, but a big season this year could have him weighing his options. Baulkman is a guy who got into some trouble in JUCO, suppose it's a possibility he could find himself in some trouble again. Mostella is a guy who had trouble making it into college academically, if he slips for a semester he could find himself in a tough spot to stay eligible academically.

Obviously at this point things look good with those guys, and not that I'm saying this is a bad thing (honestly), but like we saw with Pearl...when you take a lot of JUCOs, or prep kids, or highly rated guys that were available because of some issues, attrition is very common and sometimes completely out of the blue.

Sorry? No need to be sorry, its just your opinion and that doesn't mean its truth.

VN Store

Back