Another 7-0 JUCO center - Legend Robertin

He's only been playing basketball for 3 years and ran track before that.. We need this guy

He's only been playing basketball for 3 years and ran track before that.. We need this guy

A 7 footer running track? Yeah, I can see that. Let's just pin a medal on him for growing to 7'. If I was 7' I'd demolish the NBA and everyone in it.

Strengths:
Robertin is a long athletic post that is mobile. He has a good motor and runs the floor well. He has good hands and feet as well. Robertin is an above the rim finisher on the break and when he receives drop off passes created by dribble penetration. He rebounds well and blocks shot on or away from the ball. He touch is not bad and he can execute a right handed hook over his left shoulder. Robertin plays hard with good energy and urgency as well.

Weaknesses:
Robertin will need to continue to add strength and continue to develop his back to the basketball offense in order to take his game to the next level. He must also continue to get into game shape.

Bottom Line:
Robertin is an athletic post that patrols the lane. He defense is ahead of his offense at this stage of his game but has the touch and potential to be a good offensive player as well. Robertin has high major size and athletic ability and his upside is tremendous.

Espn recruiting.. Last updated 10/22/2013, so he's had a year to get better.

Why is almost every kid that had played at UT over the last several years comes with the "defense is ahead of his offense" tag? Which is code for they can't shoot. We need a few " offense is ahead of defense" recruits.

Reactions: 2 people
Why is almost every kid that had played at UT over the last several years comes with the "defense is ahead of his offense" tag? Which is code for they can't shoot. We need a few " offense is ahead of defense" recruits.
Well for one reason we had a defensive "minded" coach for the last 3 years who thought any player could learn the offensive game without any real offensive coaching.

A 7 footer running track? Yeah, I can see that. Let's just pin a medal on him for growing to 7'. If I was 7' I'd demolish the NBA and everyone in it.

This "legendary" 7-footer ran track in high school - The Stilt in 1952.

IMG_0694_zpsacc6a9ee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: 1 person

Uh, Mostella? Offensive freak but can't play defense to save his life.

VN Store

Back