Good read on Coach T

Great quote

"There are about [8,000] or 9,000 people in Morehead," Tyndall said from his spacious and cluttered office inside Thompson-Boling Arena. "For me to be at Tennessee? This is like the f---ing Lakers! People asked me, 'Why would you leave LSU to go to Idaho?' Moscow, Idaho? It helps you prepare. You need to be willing to take those jobs to get this one."

I like everything about the hire except the recruiting. Gotta improve.
Well, for one, nobody in coaching could have done any better filling this year's class with the time frame. And, second, there has not been a LOI signed for 2015 yet. A commitment by a player means nothing this early.

Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
Basketball (Early Period) 11-12-14 11-19-14
Basketball (Regular Period) 4-5-15 5-20-15

TyndallTennessee1.jpg

Well, for one, nobody in coaching could have done any better filling this year's class with the time frame. And, second, there has not been a LOI signed for 2015 yet. A commitment by a player means nothing this early.

Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
Basketball (Early Period) 11-12-14 11-19-14
Basketball (Regular Period) 4-5-15 5-20-15

So you think we will let one of the two go?

This isn't football and this isn't a Travon Landry case in that we are offering a year in advance. We aren't splitting with either Shembari or Admiral. CDT wanted these guys and wouldn't have accepted the commitment if he didn't want them.

Are they huge commitments? No, but CDT saw enough to want them to commit and they could land within "star gazer's" view by the end of the year given they continue progress.

Reactions: 2 people
My opinion is until they are signed recruiting is open. You don't give away the ability to recruit 5 stars 7 months before signing day. The point was you can't criticize Tyndall's first "real" recruiting class when nobody has been signed.

My opinion is until they are signed recruiting is open. You don't give away the ability to recruit 5 stars 7 months before signing day. The point was you can't criticize Tyndall's first "real" recruiting class when nobody has been signed.

So when these two sign in the early signing period then we can criticize? Our two commits have grown on me and I was pessimistic at first. You don't sound thrilled with either commit.

Reactions: 1 person
So when these two sign in the early signing period then we can criticize? Our two commits have grown on me and I was pessimistic at first. You don't sound thrilled with either commit.

Because they're not walk ons, they're scholarship players.

Because they're not walk ons, they're scholarship players.
I apologize that I made such a fool of you about BL. Get over it! On the two commits, just saying it ain't a two way deal until it is on paper. You jokers ought to know that. Oh, by the way, there are a limited number of scholarships available in 2015. They won't be wasted in case you don't know by now. Hate to be right again, you know, but you just have to wait and see like last time!

I apologize that I made such a fool of you about BL. Get over it! On the two commits, just saying it ain't a two way deal until it is on paper. You jokers ought to know that. Oh, by the way, there are a limited number of scholarships available in 2015. They won't be wasted in case you don't know by now. Hate to be right again, you know, but you just have to wait and see like last time!

So we only sign 3 in 2015?

Your son B Lo is going to be a hell of a coach one day.
You know, you guys never give it up, do you? Always the smarta__ remarks against a young man who not only came to Tennessee with a 3.9 gpa, but at the same time worked extremely hard for 4 years as a walk on helping his basketball team and finally had worked his way into a position where he would have been the starting PG until tragedy struck. Yet even then, he has a backup plan. He is teaching the position to others and has been designated as one of the team leaders by Coach T. He will be on the bench encoraging his teammates to win this year. He will be going into a Masters degree program and may even become a graduate assistant in the process. How many other college basketball players, 5 stars or no, can say that? If he was my son I would be damn proud of him and I can say that I was in the minority of those who realized what a VFL he was!

Reactions: 3 people
You know, you guys never give it up, do you? Always the smarta__ remarks against a young man who not only came to Tennessee with a 3.9 gpa, but at the same time worked extremely hard for 4 years as a walk on helping his basketball team and finally had worked his way into a position where he would have been the starting PG until tragedy struck. Yet even then, he has a backup plan. He is teaching the position to others and has been designated as one of the team leaders by Coach T. He will be on the bench encoraging his teammates to win this year. He will be going into a Masters degree program and may even become a graduate assistant in the process. How many other college basketball players, 5 stars or no, can say that? If he was my son I would be damn proud of him and I can say that I was in the minority of those who realized what a VFL he was!

I feel like I'm watching the hallmark channel lol

Reactions: 1 person

They are smartass remarks towards you, not Lopez. I think most people appreciate what he did for the university.

Vfl? Yes

Was he a Starting pg? Never was going to happen

VN Store

Back