Why I Would Prefer Ian Chiles over Kevin Punter As Starting Point Guard

CamVol8

Both are viewed more of as scorers than actually distributing the ball.
Here's why I would prefer Chiles over Punter at starting PG.

Chiles: About 6'1 and a regular height for a point guard. Also he is a senior so he has lots of college experience. Also he has a better apg than Kevin Punter.

Punter: I would definitely love a guy like Punter coming off the bench for the Vols. One of the main reasons why is because our best scorers, Hubbs and Richardson are starters guaranteed so we need KP to give us that scoring punch when those guys are tired.

GO VOLS!!

Chiles: About 6'1 and a regular height for a point guard. Also he is a senior so he has lots of college experience. Also he has a better apg than Kevin Punter.

Punter: I would definitely love a guy like Punter coming off the bench for the Vols. One of the main reasons why is because our best scorers, Hubbs and Richardson are starters guaranteed so we need KP to give us that scoring punch when those guys are tired.

GO VOLS!!

how can you consider hubs one of our best scorers

Reactions: 1 person
Detrick mostella can put up similar numbers if not better than what Hubbs put up last year.

Mostella has a chance to be a great player here but let's be for real Hubbs is a 5 star sophmore who has a great scoring ability and will be taking most of the shots and being a starter. Mostella is gonna be great off the bench but he won't be our best scorer come on now

No thanks. I don't like 6 foot score first guards unless they are AI. If we start a combo guard at the 1 he needs to be 6'3 to 6'6.

Having Punter at point guard means you've got your 5 best players out there, that's an ideal scenario if you can do it. Mostella packs plenty of scoring punch off the bench, Chiles can score the ball too, and Baulkman is a guy who if he's on can also fill it up.

Punter at the point gives you three potential scorers outside with this team will need.

If we're talking about proven scorers both Punter and Chile's fit the bill b4 Hubbs at this point.

GO VOLS!!

I like either one at point but like you said Chiles experience can't be ignored. As far as Hubbs, don't think he will be a guarranted starter like Jrich

VN Store

Back