With two of the three spots filled, Vols 9th in SEC recruiting

Worrying me more than this is our average which is like 12th in the sec.

Now I do understand ratings aren't everything but they are something and I am going to take the side of a skeptical supporter
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
You gotta support the coach and his decisions till then you people will never be happy with anything tennessee related crap takes time. You can't just offer a kid and snap your fingers and he's on board

Reactions: 1 person
You gotta support the coach and his decisions till then you people will never be happy with anything tennessee related crap takes time. You can't just offer a kid and snap your fingers and he's on board

Nobody said it would happen instantly. Would be nice to not take the two commits we took if we are still in on so many highly rated guys. Unless Tyndall runs some people off we have one scholarship left. That's not good. I'm not blindly supporting. Got burned with the last staff. Finishing at the bottom of the conference in recruiting does not give me confidence.

Well that's kind of the point people are making. Instead of holding out and taking the time to recruit top 100-150 type players he went ahead and took a couple commitments really early that he could have gotten later in the year.

Yall jumping way head ....he has done his research on the players from the schools they play to the aau teams they was in and they aren't just one position players .....we got two really good players especially with the style of play we run....if yall know so much breakdown each player one on one pros and cons stats and all ...everyone with doubts couldnt have been happy with this last class and I guarantee yall have no idea about the players ...I support him with everything checknout his track record with players a

Reactions: 2 people
Yall jumping way head ....he has done his research on the players from the schools they play to the aau teams they was in and they aren't just one position players .....we got two really good players especially with the style of play we run....if yall know so much breakdown each player one on one pros and cons stats and all ...everyone with doubts couldnt have been happy with this last class and I guarantee yall have no idea about the players ...I support him with everything checknout his track record with players a

Thank you, people are so caught up in these "star ratings"

Thank you, people are so caught up in these "star ratings"

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm done with banking on diamonds in the rough like we did with the last coach. Stars are much more accurate in basketball than in football.

Yeah people like Duke, Michigan state, Florida, UCONN, Kentucky, Syracuse, and recently Auburn.

Yeah they have a coach that has been at the program for sometime accept for pearl he is a proven coach recruits trust that its gonna take some time on and off the court for tennessee its common sense

Yeah they have a coach that has been at the program for sometime accept for pearl he is a proven coach recruits trust that its gonna take some time on and off the court for tennessee its common sense

I hope he does get it going....when we hired CDT, I was hoping he would be the kind of coach that is a good salesman. Those kind of coaches can recruit no matter what like Bruce did with his first class here. If he ends up nailing these two lower profile recruits then it will show he has an excellent eye for talent and we may be on our way. I wasnt expecting a top ten class like Pearl got his first class here but was expecting higher than bottom third in the SEC.

Say we let it play out then. The 2015 class is not going to be the best nor near the best. The 2016 class should be a whole lot better. Its gonna be hard before it gets easy

I am disappointed in the decision to take Schofield and Phillips this early with so many others still available. It feels like Reese and Edwards all over again. That being said, the class I will inevitably judge Tyndall on is the 2016 class. Lots of instate talent, plenty of time to develop relationships, and the advantage of having seen his system in place at Tennessee for a year will all be in place for that class. If he can't improve on the quality of recruit by that time, then my support will begin to wane unless he buys more time with on-court success this season that is beyond my expectation.

As for star ratings, I put little stock in them myself but will admit that for basketball, they are generally a more accurate predictor of success than in football given the year-round nature of basketball. However, they obviously are not fail-safe.

Yea its looking worse than any CM class so far. The next commit has to be a top 50 player. We should have held out for higher rated guys.

Yea its looking worse than any CM class so far. The next commit has to be a top 50 player. We should have held out for higher rated guys.

We've still got spots for higher rated guys.

It's ahead of CCM's first full signing class to this point. Reese, Edwards and Moore.

CDT came to UT in April, and in about 5 weeks signed a class better than the one Cuonzo had 3 years to recruit. I'm not worried about him being a better recruiter than CCM. Pretty obvious that he's better.

Tyndall has gotten a lot of guys on campus. He's doing really well with 2016 guys as far as getting involved and getting them to visit.

Reactions: 5 people

It's ahead of CCM's first full signing class to this point. Reese, Edwards and Moore.

CDT came to UT in April, and in about 5 weeks signed a class better than the one Cuonzo had 3 years to recruit. I'm not worried about him being a better recruiter than CCM. Pretty obvious that he's better.

Tyndall has gotten a lot of guys on campus. He's doing really well with 2016 guys as far as getting involved and getting them to visit.

He really didn't sign a better class this year. Martin still had a few spots to fill and could have improved the ranking so we don't know how it would have ended up ranked. It's not obvious until CDT can close on a few 5 stars like Martin did.

He has gotten guys on campus but it doesn't matter until he closes on one. Martin didn't get credit for just being close on Looney or other high ranked players. CDT doesn't get credit for just getting visits. We need good commits. I said the same thing about Martin.

The fact you don't include Stokes in that 2nd class makes your agenda pretty obvious.

He really didn't sign a better class this year. Martin still had a few spots to fill and could have improved the ranking so we don't know how it would have ended up ranked. It's not obvious until CDT can close on a few 5 stars like Martin did.

He has gotten guys on campus but it doesn't matter until he closes on one. Martin didn't get credit for just being close on Looney or other high ranked players. CDT doesn't get credit for just getting visits. We need good commits. I said the same thing about Martin.

To be fair, Martin got plenty of credit from all but the most irrational of fans who had already decided Zo's fate in their own minds for being close on Lyle and Looney.

I for one, was greatly impressed that he managed to be in the thick of it with two premier guys with few, if any ties to Tennessee without much in the way of program success to sell.

A lot I disagree with here and some is false.

Cdt signed a better class. Martin was out of scholarships iirc. He had 4 signed and the center committed. Doubt Martin was going to sign any more. He would have to start cutting from his roster. Even if he did, adding a guy that would've raised the ranking would have been a new thing for CCM.

A few 5*??? He signed 2 in 4 classes. 1 of which was under unusually favorable circumstances.

CDT will ultimately be judged on who he signs. The first step is getting them on campus. He's doing that and I don't think you could expect a lot more than that when you're talking about a guy that has been here 4.5 months, especially in regards to 2016 kids.

Also, it seems that Shembari may end up in the Rivals 150 before all is said and done. People are completely overreacting to these two commits, especially Phillips. We are still in on some great players in this class as well.

The fact you don't include Stokes in that 2nd class makes your agenda pretty obvious.

It could be that he includes Stokes as part of the first class. You seem to want to create the agenda by jumping to conclusions. There really isn't a way of distinguishing which class he belongs in.

VN Store

Back