Jarnell Stokes, Conzo, Roger Woods, and entire Tenn squad

mscox75

I had the honor of listening to Chaplain Roger Woods talk yesterday at a men's group at my church. He told many stories but The story he told talking about the night prior to the Kentucky and the day of the game needs to spoken.

Now, if your not a follower of Jesus Christ, then this story may make you roll your eyes and that's ok. But the story needs to be told.

The night before the game, Mr. Woods went to Conzo and said he had something totally different to do tonight and that he needs to get permission. Conzo said, during Chapel, you are the teacher and I am the student. The floor is totally yours.

Well, what Woods had in mine was a foot washing. Yes, a foot washing. It is a demonstration of humility, which he said the team was failing in miserably. Jesus did this to his disciples to show that serving others and thinking of them first is the heart of the father.

Well, I know your thoughts are, "Did everyone do it?" Yes, It started with Woods washing Conzo's feet and so on and so on. The whole team moved forward with the demonstration set into motion by their leaders.

After this took place, instead of dismissing the team as he normally does, Conzo shared about Jesus for nearly 30-40 minutes.

The next morning, Jarnell Stokes came into Mr. Woods room and said he wanted a change and he wanted Jesus to take over his heart and life. Yes, Jarnell gave his heart that night.

Again, this may not touch any but I am hoping it touches one. But my Jesus said, those that claim to know me, I will bring before the father. But those that deny me, I will deny before my father. The reason for this story is many put a celebrity type on a pedestal, and I wanted to show even those that are in a spotlight, give their lives as well.

Now the greatest question is? How do men like Jarnell, Conzo, Chaplain Woods and myself, in the eyes of an unbeliever, be wrong? Are we wrong? Or do they just choose to be selfish and prideful? Something to chew on.

The greatest comment I can make is: If your right and I am wrong about my Christ, Have I really lost anything? Now, If I am right and your wrong, you might want to read scripture to find your fate. Following Christ shouldn't me done out of fear but out of love for what was done for you.

God Bless!

Shano

Reactions: 36 people
I had the honor of listening to Chaplain Roger Woods talk yesterday at a men's group at my church. He told many stories but The story he told talking about the night prior to the Kentucky and the day of the game needs to spoken.

Now, if your not a follower of Jesus Christ, then this story may make you roll your eyes and that's ok. But the story needs to be told.

The night before the game, Mr. Woods went to Conzo and said he had something totally different to do tonight and that he needs to get permission. Conzo said, during Chapel, you are the teacher and I am the student. The floor is totally yours.

Well, what Woods had in mine was a foot washing. Yes, a foot washing. It is a demonstration of humility, which he said the team was failing in miserably. Jesus did this to his disciples to show that serving others and thinking of them first is the heart of the father.

Well, I know your thoughts are, "Did everyone do it?" Yes, It started with Woods washing Conzo's feet and so on and so on. The whole team moved forward with the demonstration set into motion by their leaders.

After this took place, instead of dismissing the team as he normally does, Conzo shared about Jesus for nearly 30-40 minutes.

The next morning, Jarnell Stokes came into Mr. Woods room and said he wanted a change and he wanted Jesus to take over his heart and life. Yes, Jarnell gave his heart that night.

Again, this may not touch any but I am hoping it touches one. But my Jesus said, those that claim to know me, I will bring before the father. But those that deny me, I will deny before my father. The reason for this story is many put a celebrity type on a pedestal, and I wanted to show even those that are in a spotlight, give their lives as well.

Now the greatest question is? How do men like Jarnell, Conzo, Chaplain Woods and myself, in the eyes of an unbeliever, be wrong? Are we wrong? Or do they just choose to be selfish and prideful? Something to chew on.

The greatest comment I can make is: If your right and I am wrong about my Christ, Have I really lost anything? Now, If I am right and your wrong, you might want to read scripture to find your fate. Following Christ shouldn't me done out of fear but out of love for what was done for you.

God Bless!

Shano

These days, people are too smart for their own good. They are book smart and have a piece of paper in a frame in their office or in their house to prove to you that they are supposedly smart.
However; Jesus said that the Lord would confound the smart. What he meant was that those people are too smart to understand common sense things. So, they can't wrap their minds around Jesus Christ & God.
I am sure you have heard the story of how intelligent Albert E. was, but did you know he had extreme difficulty in tying his shoes???? He was too smart to understand the simple things in life that the common everyday man can plainly see.
In Romans, it says " I have given you the true word of GOd, but you chose to believe a lie"
IN Genesis, the Lord plainly tells of how the world and how mankind was created but the supposedly intellectual type chose to believe a lie that evolution is correct.

Reactions: 6 people

God Bless!

Shano

So, if one doesn't believe, then one is selfish and prideful? Just trying to clarify what you're trying to say.:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
These days, people are too smart for their own good. They are book smart and have a piece of paper in a frame in their office or in their house to prove to you that they are supposedly smart.
However; Jesus said that the Lord would confound the smart. What he meant was that those people are too smart to understand common sense things. So, they can't wrap their minds around Jesus Christ & God.
I am sure you have heard the story of how intelligent Albert E. was, but did you know he had extreme difficulty in tying his shoes???? He was too smart to understand the simple things in life that the common everyday man can plainly see.
In Romans, it says " I have given you the true word of GOd, but you chose to believe a lie"
IN Genesis, the Lord plainly tells of how the world and how mankind was created but the supposedly intellectual type chose to believe a lie that evolution is correct.

OK, this is more clear. If you don't believe, it means you are intelligent and intellectual.

Reactions: 1 person

that's not what it says

there are countless thousands of Christians who accept evolution and who also consider the Bible authoritative

Reactions: 7 people
So, if one doesn't believe, then one is selfish and prideful? Just trying to clarify what you're trying to say.:hi:

What he is saying is that Christ is almighty and if you choose not to believe but to believe solely in ones self then yes you are selfish. God walks with everyone including the ones that do not choose his path. That being said giving myself to the lord has changed me and my thinking totally and was the greatest decision I ever made. God brought me to my knees and I listened.

Touchy subject but I understand OP. God bless

Reactions: 4 people

Jarnell was a Christian when he came to Tennessee. Did he change religions that night? Was he not "sincere" until that night? When will he know if he was really sincere that night?

I had the honor of listening to Imam Mumina talk yesterday at a men's group at my mosque. He told many stories but The story he told talking about the night prior to the Kentucky and the day of the game needs to spoken.

Now, if your not a follower of Mohammed, then this story may make you roll your eyes and that's ok. But the story needs to be told.

The night before the game, Imam Mumina went to Conzo and said he had something totally different to do tonight and that he needs to get permission. Conzo said, during Chapel, you are the teacher and I am the student. The floor is totally yours.

Well, what Woods had in mine was a foot washing. Yes, a foot washing. It is a demonstration of humility, which he said the team was failing in miserably. Isa, disciple of Mohammed, did this to his disciples to show that serving others and thinking of them first is the heart of the father.

Well, I know your thoughts are, "Did everyone do it?" Yes, It started with Mumina washing Conzo's feet and so on and so on. The whole team moved forward with the demonstration set into motion by their leaders.

After this took place, instead of dismissing the team as he normally does, Conzo shared about Mohammed for nearly 30-40 minutes.

The next morning, Jarnell Stokes came into Mumina room and said he wanted a change and he wanted Allah to take over his heart and life. Yes, Jarnell gave his heart that night.

Again, this may not touch any but I am hoping it touches one. But the prophet Jesus said, those that claim to know me, I will bring before the father. But those that deny me, I will deny before my father. The reason for this story is many put a celebrity type on a pedestal, and I wanted to show even those that are in a spotlight, give their lives as well.

Now the greatest question is? How do men like Jarnell, Conzo, Mumina and myself, in the eyes of an unbeliever, be wrong? Are we wrong? Or do they just choose to be selfish and prideful? Something to chew on.

God Bless!

Some other dude

Reactions: 9 people
Yep. Becoming more common. Politics and superstition reign supreme.

More than 70% of scientists that published in peer-reviewed journals over the last 25 years believe in God. Yet you let random nonsense drivel from a forum post justify your claims about superstition.

Yep. Becoming more common. Politics and superstition reign supreme.

The problem that I hv with Christianity is that it's based on a lie. I think that the morals overall are good and if it makes you a better person then it's good to follow something though.

Reactions: 2 people
More than 70% of scientists that published in peer-reviewed journals over the last 25 years believe in God. Yet you let random nonsense drivel from a forum post justify your claims about superstition.

This thread would've been ok in another forum. At least in the NCAA thread since it's about California's head coach.

I had the honor of a spiritual encounter with Mr. Jack Daniels many years ago.
I've been a devoted disciple of his ever since.

Reactions: 4 people

AE not being able to tie his shoes had to do with a learning disability he had. Given to him by God.

spin baby spin.

The problem that I hv with Christianity is that it's based on a lie. I think that the morals overall are good and if it makes you a better person then it's good to follow something though.

What lie is that?

What is the lie Christianity is based upon?

Just because you are not able to verify it, then it is labeled a lie? What's facts can prove it is a lie? More evidenced to support than to discount.

If you don't believe, then, it is Ok, and a personal decision. However, Don't possibly dig yourself into a deeper hole by labeling Christianity as a lie based on opinion.

This is the BB Forum, isn't it?

Reactions: 3 people
AE not being able to tie his shoes had to do with a learning disability he had. Given to him by God.

spin baby spin.

AE not being able to tie his shoes had to do with a learning disability he had. Endowed to him by a ruthless process driven by fitness in a meaningless world where good and evil are either pragmatic or groundless fictions

spin baby spin.

im on the fence on this subject and not sure either way but man does god hit a nerve with some people.

Sorry OP but your thread is about to be derailed. Thanks for the story as many like myself do live a christian life. Always remember that someday everyone will have to answer for what they have said and done, including myself, so if you feel the need to share the glory of God then do it without hesitation.

VN Store

Back