Which school made the best coaching hire, according to coaches.

bleedingTNorange

Pretty interesting read, along with links to other topics they asked coaches around the country....

Candid Coaches: Which school made the best coaching hire? - CBSSports.com

Which school made the best head-coaching hire this offseason?

Virginia Tech (Buzz Williams): 29 percent
Auburn (Bruce Pearl): 28 percent
Marquette (Steve Wojciechowski) : 7 percent
Rice (Mike Rhoades): 7 percent
California (Cuonzo Martin): 6 percent
Loyola Marymount (Mike Dunlap): 5 percent
Marist (Mike Maker): 4 percent
Tennessee (Donnie Tyndall): 4 percent

Reactions: 2 people
Very interesting considering Tyndall was able to bring in 8 players in such a short time at Tennessee

Its because they know the results of most of the listed coaches. Buzz Williams back to back elite eights, Bruce Pearl putting a not-so-traditional Tennessee basketball program on the map, and Cuonzo comigg off a sweet 16 run. What has Tyndall done to prove otherwise? Oh thats right second round NCAA. Probably why he got the votes he did.

Not sure how steve wojo got more votes tho... He hasnt proven squat

Reactions: 1 person
Results = recognition

Wojo played at Duke and was an assistant under Coach K for 15 years.

Tyndall came from where? I'd bet more people recognize Woko as compared to Tyndall and it has nothing to do with results as a coach.

Very interesting considering Tyndall was able to bring in 8 players in such a short time at Tennessee

What type of players? S.E.C. caliber players or were they players who were on Southern Miss's radar and when Donnie moved up to Tennessee he brought them along?

Wojo played at Duke and was an assistant under Coach K for 15 years.

Tyndall came from where? I'd bet more people recognize Woko as compared to Tyndall and it has nothing to do with results as a coach.

I knew who Tyndall was long before he was hired here and have no idea who woko is...

What type of players? S.E.C. caliber players or were they players who were on Southern Miss's radar and when Donnie moved up to Tennessee he brought them along?

He did a good not great job in a short amt of time....he managed to get a higher ranked class then the one he lost when he got here.

Only time will tell but im pretty sure those people out on the left coast arent gonna be very happy.

I do not give a damn about what the coaches think. They didn't have to endure the product the previously coach put on the floor.

I do not give a damn about what the coaches think. They didn't have to endure the product the previously coach put on the floor.

You mean the product that won more games than expected each year and ended with a Sweet 16 in a year unranked in the preseason?

I hope CDT can match what the previous coach did.

This list shouldn't be surprising to anyone. It's pretty accurate as of today

Wow. Talk about setting low standards....

So what would make you happy this year? NCAA only? Martin was picked 11 or 12 of 12 his first year but finished 2nd in the SEC but no NCAA. If CDT can match that it will be a good year imo.

So what would make you happy this year? NCAA only? Martin was picked 11 or 12 of 12 his first year but finished 2nd in the SEC but no NCAA. If CDT can match that it will be a good year imo.

The recruiting was below avg.....it was going to get worse on the hill.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back