Current BasketVol Roster

This roster is looking pretty good. Doesn't appear to be many weaknesses with this staff with regard to looking under every rock. When the big man is added, we can tip it up with 90% of the SEC. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.

Reactions: 1 person
Unusual mix of players. Eleven guards, three forwards, one center, and no true point guard. I can not wait to watch them play. Go Vols!

Until I see Tyndall's style this team could struggle with the lack of quality Bigs.

I would too. But just stating that you don't have to have a true point guard.

Agree, post concerned me more than point guard. I think Chiles and punter can hold down the point guard spot pretty well.

PG: Kevin Punter 20/ Ian Chiles 20
SG: Robert Hubbs 25/ Detrick Mostella 15
SF: Josh Richardson 32/ Kevin Punter 8
F: Armani Moore 30/ Carmichael 10
F: Willie Carmichael 15/ Woodson 15/ Owens 10

Agree, post concerned me more than point guard. I think Chiles and punter can hold down the point guard spot pretty well.

This looks pretty legit. I think Reese will steal 5-7 minutes at the 4 position from Armani and Carmichael, but aside from that difference, this looks about like I expect it to as well.

This looks pretty legit. I think Reese will steal 5-7 minutes at the 4 position from Armani and Carmichael, but aside from that difference, this looks about like I expect it to as well.
I might give Willie's 10 at the 4 to Reese/McGhee

Yeah I agree and feel much better about our chances if Woodson is eligible and in decent shape. Just having a big body down low will help some.

I got Owens playing more then 10 minutes 12-15 minutes if not a little more. 6'10.5" 7'4" wingspan covers a lot of ground. He shoots that 12-18 footer better then any of the bigs they have now. IMO he will be able to be utilized in various ways. Owens liability will be if they require him to put the ball on the floor. Pick and pop he can be a real problem for the defense.

Yea that's probably pretty accurate, looking back at Tyndall's teams he went 9 deep on double digit minutes almost every season, with a 10th player getting 5-8 minutes and appearing in about 3/4 of games...that guy very well could be Reese as you mentioned.

Maybe something like..

F: Armani Moore 28/ Carmichael 5/ Reese 7

Last edited:
I got Owens playing more then 10 minutes 12-15 minutes if not a little more. 6'10.5" 7'4" wingspan covers a lot of ground. He shoots that 12-18 footer better then any of the bigs they have now. IMO he will be able to be utilized in various ways. Owens liability will be if they require him to put the ball on the floor. Pick and pop he can be a real problem for the defense.

Alot of that will depend on the eligibility of Woodson, if he's eligible he's gonna get some good minutes at the 5.

VN Store

Back