Dominic Woodson in UT student directory

It's news to me.
I knew UT was looking at him, but I did not know that he was listed in the directory till today.
My wind is broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It's news to me.
I knew UT was looking at him, but I did not know that he was listed in the directory till today.
My wind is broken.

Yea it was posted in the Woodson thread over an hour ago, and now he's confirmed to be coming to Tennessee about 20 minutes ago...was just funny given hour previous "that's old news" post.

If he can become eligible and stays out of trouble this could be HUGE for us. You take McKnight as a risk, so you would have to do the same with someone twice as good as him plus has a few years left of eligibility.
Gives you some optimism going into next year as well. Maybe even get a chance to RS Owens now.

Miller
Mostella
Hubbs
Moore
Dom

Would be a great starting lineup next year. Plus you have a chance at two five stars in Bacon and Skal. Wow I'm pumped!

On paper we're still in the cellar. Good pickup though. We needed a big man that weighs over 200 lbs

What's your definition of "the cellar"? With the addition of Woodson you're talking about 3 top 75 players, that would likely stack up around middle of the SEC. Add in the Richardson is a likely 2nd team all-sec guy and I wouldn't say "cellar".

If he can become eligible and stays out of trouble this could be HUGE for us. You take McKnight as a risk, so you would have to do the same with someone twice as good as him plus has a few years left of eligibility.
Gives you some optimism going into next year as well. Maybe even get a chance to RS Owens now.

Miller
Mostella
Hubbs
Moore
Dom

Would be a great starting lineup next year. Plus you have a chance at two five stars in Bacon and Skal. Wow I'm pumped!

Not to bring up the old staff but I remember the same posts about Lyle, Lindsey and Looney and we didn't land 1 of them. It's not as if we are the favorite for either of Skal or Bacon, have a lot of ground to make up.

I also see no way that Owens redshirts, just think there's still too many post questions for him to redshirt, first guy to be a possibility would be McGhee IMO.

What's your definition of "the cellar"? With the addition of Woodson you're talking about 3 top 75 players, that would likely stack up around middle of the SEC. Add in the Richardson is a likely 2nd team all-sec guy and I wouldn't say "cellar".

Middle of the pack seems more likely.

Not to bring up the old staff but I remember the same posts about Lyle, Lindsey and Looney and we didn't land 1 of them. It's not as if we are the favorite for either of Skal or Bacon, have a lot of ground to make up.

I also see no way that Owens redshirts, just think there's still too many post questions for him to redshirt, first guy to be a possibility would be McGhee IMO.

Yeah I doubt we get them but even if we don't which I doubt we do, there is still a lot to be excited for.

I know UT needs post players, but why would they consider taking a kid with this much baggage at Memphis?

I tried to tell people when Tyndall gave his opening speech that it was coach speak, he's very similar to Pearl. He's gonna take a lot of chances on guys, and you're likely gonna have more "incidents" than recent years. Baulkman, McKnight and Woodson all had some issues at previous schools, McKnight's were so bad the SEC wouldn't even allow him into their league.

I think the drop off from last year to this year is going to be significant. I like what I've seen and heard from Coach Tyndall and his recruits but they haven't played a game yet. I just feel like we're starting back at square one. We have recruited some playmakers but who will step up? We lost our big man and our identity- what style of play will we run? There's just too many questions and no clear cut answers right now. JMO. I think that automatically puts us in the lower tier. I think we could beat South Carolina... They're pretty bad. We aren't on the bottom or on the top. Probably lower-middle of the conference. Again this is just what I see on paper. And we gotta make sure some of these guys keep their sheets clean!

Last edited:
I tried to tell people when Tyndall gave his opening speech that it was coach speak, he's very similar to Pearl. He's gonna take a lot of chances on guys, and you're likely gonna have more "incidents" than recent years. Baulkman, McKnight and Woodson all had some issues at previous schools, McKnight's were so bad the SEC wouldn't even allow him into their league.

smoking pot....scandalous lol

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back