Vols to receive official visit from Skal Labissiere

CAVol

Per Rob Lewis, on the weekend of the Florida game (October 4th). Visiting the same weekend as Bacon. Big time!

Reactions: 7 people
Still don't think Vols are a real player here, but curious to see if we start hearing any rumblings about his mentor and Tyndall. Supposedly the reason OM was in it was because they were gonna offer his mentor a job, but Skal ultimately decided he couldn't see himself in Oxford. If he is already considering Tennessee and they were to offer his mentor a job gotta that things could get interesting here.

Just a thought.

Reactions: 2 people
Fwiw Bacon and Skal do know each other, and were both at Rucker Park for the NYC event recently, both guys are close to the Showtime Ballerz AAU program.

Still don't think Vols are a real player here, but curious to see if we start hearing any rumblings about his mentor and Tyndall. Supposedly the reason OM was in it was because they were gonna offer his mentor a job, but Skal ultimately decided he couldn't see himself in Oxford. If he is already considering Tennessee and they were to offer his mentor a job gotta that things could get interesting here.

Just a thought.

Give his mentor/guardian a job. It's not like other schools don't do it *cough Memphis cough*

Reactions: 2 people
It was just reported that Skal is not currently enrolled at his old high school ECS and he might not be eligible to play anywhere else in the state. He might be looking for an early enroll, or overseas might be an option.

It was just reported that Skal is not currently enrolled at his old high school ECS and he might not be eligible to play anywhere else in the state. He might be looking for an early enroll, or overseas might be an option.

Yea that's been going around for awhile now, trying to transfer to Lausanne, but TSSAA has not cleared him and very well may not.

Might need to keep a scholly open. Maybe lightning can stike twice.

Yup. The weird thing is supposedly that's why Memphis parted with Dom and Wilson, but their posters said that they're currently at 13 scholarships, so that would rule them put if he was to EE.

Talking about when cuonzo was here seems like I heard we were one of the first

Right Cuonzo recruited him, but Cuonzo is now at Cal so that doesn't do us much good.
It's not as if he had been on campus multiple times and so he's familiar with UT, or that we had assistants stay from the last staff so he knew them. He's dealing with an entirely new staff, and to the best of my knowledge has never been on campus, so Tyndall and his staff are definitely at a disadvantage on this one, which makes making his top 6 pretty impressive.

Reactions: 1 person
Right Cuonzo recruited him, but Cuonzo is now at Cal so that doesn't do us much good.
It's not as if he had been on campus multiple times and so he's familiar with UT, or that we had assistants stay from the last staff so he knew them. He's dealing with an entirely new staff, and to the best of my knowledge has never been on campus, so Tyndall and his staff are definitely at a disadvantage on this one, which makes making his top 6 pretty impressive.
I wasn't saying it did just wondering if he was the one I was thinking about

He told Hubbs happy birthday and Hubbs said to him Thanks man #VFL...hopefully Hubbs is in his ear!

VN Store

Back