Dom Woodson Memphis transfer

MemphisCanes

I'm surprised none of y'all are talking about this.

6'9" 380 lb 5-man transferring from Memphis and has been in touch with UT.

Has the Donnie era started off so gloomily around here that y'all can't even talk about this?

Yikes.

Reactions: 1 person

Has the Donnie era started off so gloomily around here that y'all can't even talk about this?

Yikes.

Talk has been in the recruiting news thread MC. Nice try though.

Reactions: 4 people
Basketball recruiting is so f ed up. These guys just constantly bounce around from school to school.

Yikes.
Well first off he is not 380 pounds sir...lol

Reactions: 2 people
Josh Pastner said Dom has more talent than Austin and Shaq. Haha. Must be coach speak but you can never tell with Josh. He thought the CUSA was a great conference.

Reactions: 2 people
Josh Pastner said Dom has more talent than Austin and Shaq. Haha. Must be coach speak but you can never tell with Josh. He thought the CUSA was a great conference.

It's coach speak. Dom is really talented, and showed flashes of brilliance last season. However, he's a knucklehead, and could never get into the position to get serious minutes.

He'd make an instant impact in Kville however, as long as Tyndall could keep him in line.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure why u are saying he isn't eligible immediately MC because I've seen multiple reports saying he would be...

Good to see you're still alive MC, you disappeared for awhile.

Yeah, this place really went into the tank after the Tyndall hire. I wanted to give you guys some time to bounce back, I'm never one to kick a fanbase while it's down. Doesn't seem like I've missed much.

Everyone amped up for the 2014 season?

Not sure why u are saying he isn't eligible immediately MC because I've seen multiple reports saying he would be...

Any reports that he's eligible would be extremely premature, but from what I understand, Dom made the choice to transfer. Memphis didn't make the choice to cancel his scholarship.

I think that's the operative distinction when dealing with the "pushed out" rule. Now was Dom "pushed out"? Yeah, most likely.

It was in the tank before that lol. Are you excited to make the tourney and get bounced first game with your roster full of 5 stars?

Reactions: 5 people
Memphis, who would you say Dominic's game matches up with? Also do you think he could thrive under Tyndall's system?

Yeah, this place really went into the tank after the Tyndall hire. I wanted to give you guys some time to bounce back, I'm never one to kick a fanbase while it's down. Doesn't seem like I've missed much.

Everyone amped up for the 2014 season?

We might see you all in the NIT, yippee!

Reactions: 1 person
Any reports that he's eligible would be extremely premature, but from what I understand, Dom made the choice to transfer. Memphis didn't make the choice to cancel his scholarship.

I think that's the operative distinction when dealing with the "pushed out" rule. Now was Dom "pushed out"? Yeah, most likely.

I think it comes down to as simple as this, NCAA asks Pastner if there's a spot for Woodson and if he was welcomed back this year, if Pastner says yes he better be prepared to have Woodson on roster this season which is not what he wants, if he says no he's eligible immediately.

You are right that he was definitely "pushed out." School said he was in good standing academically, and a few days later Memphis is suddenly in the lead for Kedren Johnson.

That said, I would only take him if he can get eligible immediately because we need inside help. Otherwise, calling him a knucklehead is putting it mildly.

VN Store

Back