Official 2014-2015 season prediction thread

bleedingTNorange

Thanks DB for posting the full schedule, now that it's here, curious for everyone's predictions...

(N) VCU
vs. Texas Southern
(N) Santa Clara
(N) Kansas or Rhode Islan
(N) TBD
vs. Kansas State
vs. Butler
@ NC State
vs. Tennessee Tech
vs. Mercer
vs. Tennessee State
vs. ETSU
@ Mississippi State
vs. Alabama
vs. Arkansas
@ Missouri
@ South Carolina
vs. Texas A&M
@ Arkansas
vs. Auburn
vs. Mississippi State
@ Georgia
@ Vanderbilt
vs. LSU
vs. Kentucky
@ Ole Miss
vs. Vanderbilt
@Florida
@LSU
vs. South Carolina

I just hope there's another wildcat beat down on rocky top I've said every year Tennessee could lose every game of the season as long as they beat Florida and Kentucky :)

But as far as predictions I'd say 5 or 4 in the sec and maybe a run in the sec tourney to get into the NCAA but that's my bias opinion my unbiased would be nit

Arguably VCU's best player

@JonRothstein: VCU's Briante Weber will be suspended for the Rams' opener vs. Tennessee on 11/14 after being charged with petit larceny, per release.

@JonRothstein: VCU's Briante Weber will be suspended for the Rams' opener vs. Tennessee on 11/14 after being charged with petit larceny, per release.

But honestly though I think treveon graham is there best player not Weber. Just my opinion

Stallings kicked off Kedren Johnson (he was suspended all of last year too) and Dai-Jon Parker today. That's a big blow to them.

I think we are a tournament team , probably just squeak in . I know we are lacking in the post , but we have a lot of talent on the perimeter . Hopefully Carmicheal steps up and we will be fine in the post

I would be surprised to have a winning season to be honest. It could happen but too much to expect for a team like we are going to have on the court. Our guards will be the strength but other than that we are pretty weak.

We're also not a powerhouse from the PG position either. Lopez certainly wasn't a clear cut SEC PG either even before his injury. Hubbs should make a huge impact if he comes back from injury. I would be happy for an invite to the NIT or even the CIT if you ask me.

I would predict with the schedule to finish somewhere like 14-16 to 17-13 with expectations on the lower end of that winning scale. I would be totally surprised to win more than 17 games! That's my opinion & I hope they prove me wrong!

13-17 or 16-14 depending on how this team rebounds the ball considering they are severely undersized in the paint.

IMO there's no excuse for not going at least .500, I get the PG and post issues, but there's too much talent on the wings, and we play enough cupcakes that 15 wins should be a minimum.

You look at the worst teams in the SEC last year for example, and regular season just about all of them finished right at or above .500, for us to go 13-17 or 14-16 would likely mean we are the worst team in the SEC which would be a complete failure IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO there's no excuse for not going at least .500, I get the PG and post issues, but there's too much talent on the wings, and we play enough cupcakes that 15 wins should be a minimum.

You look at the worst teams in the SEC last year for example, and regular season just about all of them finished right at or above .500, for us to go 13-17 or 14-16 would likely mean we are the worst team in the SEC which would be a complete failure IMO.

So you're predicting 16-14 and a NIT appearance, which I think most would consider a pretty good year considering this roster. But 14-16 is a complete failure?

So you're predicting 16-14 and a NIT appearance, which I think most would consider a pretty good year considering this roster. But 14-16 is a complete failure?

It would be. We should win around 18 really if you look at the schedule. 16 at the very least.

It would be. We should win around 18 really if you look at the schedule. 16 at the very least.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. Just seems odd that if someone says 16-14, we are talking about an NIT appearance and a decent year but if someone says 14-16 we are terrible and the coaching job was a complete failure.

We returned 4 players. 3 of which can play. The rest of the team was compiled in late April and early May. That alone should tell you our roster makeup.

I could see anywhere from 14 to 19 wins regular season with this bunch. I'm not going to make a prediction because I really have nothing to go off of other than the 4 returners.

I just want to see enough in year one to make me have a positive outlook on the future.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. Just seems odd that if someone says 16-14, we are talking about an NIT appearance and a decent year but if someone says 14-16 we are terrible and the coaching job was a complete failure.

We returned 4 players. 3 of which can play. The rest of the team was compiled in late April and early May. That alone should tell you our roster makeup.

I could see anywhere from 14 to 19 wins regular season with this bunch. I'm not going to make a prediction because I really have nothing to go off of other than the 4 returners.

I just want to see enough in year one to make me have a positive outlook on the future.

I agree and feel we will win between 14 and 20 games with 17 being my prediction. I just wish we had more well rounded returnees instead of being all wing type players. It's not a successful season to me though unless we make the dance....it may not be fair to CDT but the goals don't change based on the roster. I do hope to come out of this with promise and hope that he is building a strong program.

Yes.

16-14 is including a couple losses we likely shouldn't have, and not really beating anyone we shouldn't. It wasn't an optimistic prediction, it was an attempt at a very realistic prediction as to what I think they'll do. 2 more losses when you already have 14 is a lot IMO, as it likely means you're losing 2 more games that you shouldn't.

I guess simply you could just say IMO....

NCAAT appearance: great job, overachievement

15+ wins NIT appearance....about what's expects, not anything great.

Less than .500....very poor season, and disaapointment.

Last edited:
Expectations and predictions should change when we actually get a good look at this team and see them play a little.

If we start the season off running some 4 guard lineup and score the rock well then expectations change

If we look dreadful because we can't rebound and nobody knows how to play PG then expectations lower.

I'm just saying that it is really hard to even tell what we are at this point.

VN Store

Back