'15 IL PG Glynn Watson

ain't no point guard going to want to sign here, with Lopez coming back for a 5th year

Reactions: 3 people
Quickly moved into the top five:

“@TheRecruitScoop: 2015 St. Joseph’s (IL) PG Glynn Watson is down to Nebraska, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee & Creighton.”

@TheRecruitScoop: 2015 St. Joseph’s (IL) PG Glynn Watson is down to Nebraska, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee & Creighton.

Edit: got Swansoned lol

Surprised we're in it with him tbh.

Offer list for some reason wasn't all that impressive, getting an offer from a high major that can sell immediate playing time in front of a top 10 fan base, and NBA modeled arena was probably pretty impressive.

Not saying it's on the same level, but you see it a lot in football. Tennessee will offer a kid with offers only from smaller schools, or Kentucky's, Indiana etc and immediately they become a major player.

That's the downfall to not being a blue blood, not saying we are, is that you can literally invest 2-3 years on a kid and a school comes along who just had their first contact last week and offers and they immediately become the favorite. Someone wrote a good article about it recently, but July is the month every year in which mid majors hold their breath hoping their targets have bad games, because they know if they blow up they could've just lost out on a guy they've been targeting for 2+ years.

I like that we are in on such a good prospect (star wise) but as i am not that much a star gazer whats with the offer list? Or might he be a fall back option for many top tier teams

I like that we are in on such a good prospect (star wise) but as i am not that much a star gazer whats with the offer list? Or might he be a fall back option for many top tier teams

Then backed off after watching him this summer. At one point Purdue was considered one of the favorites for his services. Watson never got bigger and never developed a jump shot. Purdue is afraid teams are going to bully him on defense and sag off of him on offense.

Anyone?

@DMcDonaldHoops: 4-star PG Glynn Watson down to three schools with two visits coming up. http://t.co/UQIBhaDDMH

Down to Nebraska, Creighton and Tennessee. Said he's talking over with his mom whether to visit Tennessee.

Interesting, really like this guy. Has seemed like a Nebraska lean and is visiting there this weekend, but if we get him to visit you never know.

VN Store

Back