Norlander says Vols worst in SEC

Hard to argue against. 4 returners and the rest new guys. No pg and no center with any sort of experience.

I dont think we'll be the worst but one could certainly form the argument that we could be.

Looked at his resume, having never heard of the guy.
Very impressive credentials!... NOT
Don't take much stock in anything a writer for Yahoo says.

As for the Vols, who knows how good or how bad this team will be? Regardless, I'll be cheering for them and wearing my Big Orange proudly here in Lexington.

Reactions: 4 people
Looked at his resume, having never heard of the guy.
Very impressive credentials!... NOT
Don't take much stock in anything a writer for Yahoo says.

As for the Vols, who knows how good or how bad this team will be? Regardless, I'll be cheering for them and wearing my Big Orange proudly here in Lexington.
If he had said the Vols were favored to win the SEC, you would swear that he was the greatest journalist ever.

New coach, new players, there is no way anyone can tell what this team will do. I hope they play hard and scrap for every loose ball.

I like it. I hope CDT has the article blown up and pasted all over the locker room. Tennessee teams always seem to play better with a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: 1 person
New coach, new players, there is no way anyone can tell what this team will do. I hope they play hard and scrap for every loose ball.

Exactly. This team is a total unknown. 4th place or 14th place in the conference shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. We literally have no idea how the new players respond to the new system put in place by the new coaches. Waaaay too many unknown variables to make any sort of definitive statements about season-end results.

I like it. I hope CDT has the article blown up and pasted all over the locker room. Tennessee teams always seem to play better with a chip on their shoulder.

That's what I was thinking. Donnie should use Norlander as a motivational tool.

An off the cuff statement based more on circumstances than anything else.
An actual analysis would place us maybe a little lower than middle of the pack.
Much of the SEC is being retooled this season.

Exactly. This team is a total unknown. 4th place or 14th place in the conference shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. We literally have no idea how the new players respond to the new system put in place by the new coaches. Waaaay too many unknown variables to make any sort of definitive statements about season-end results.

If this team finishes 14th that's a horrendous coaching job, we have way too much talent for that to happen. Really no excuse to it finish top 10 in the SEC, at a minimum, but that's jmo.

who cares. They have months to grow together and practice before the first games. Dude hasn't seen a player play or the team practice and has no idea if we will have a decent team or not. Anybody can look at the turnover and situation and predict the worst. That's easy.

I was at the First Tee Banquet a few weeks ago and Tyndall was the guest speaker. He had an article from CBSsports where we were picked dead last in the SEC. He said "I can promise you, without a doubt, we will not finish dead last. I promise you that right now. It won't happen."

If this team finishes 14th that's a horrendous coaching job, we have way too much talent for that to happen. Really no excuse to it finish top 10 in the SEC, at a minimum, but that's jmo.

I was using it more as a figure of speech than a literal likelihood. To be honest though, we have no idea what we have. 14th would be a horrible coaching job, but again, we don't REALLY know what we have in that department either. We can speculate based on past performance, but every other variable is unknown. We lost 4 starters, 9 players, a total coaching staff overhaul, and have limited depth in the frontcourt and at PG. That is a recipe for disaster, so it's easy to look at the unknown and assume the worst from an outside perspective.

How knows how this tram is going to be cause they said we was going to be last in the sec when reformer CCM was here and we was second...a lot of teams got question about how they going to play out soo its all in the air but for kenstucky....so im cheering and not bring any negative talk our way cause thats how questions get brough up and then more negative talk.

VN Store

Back