16' KY SG Eli Wright

LittleCat

aka Bat
Eli Wright

Honestly haven't heard of the kid. Heard from a friend he's a good shooter but not much out there on the kid. Says he should definitely be on D-1 teams radar in the next year or so.

Unofficial visit per Evan Daniels today.

Eli Wright, a 2016 wing, is currently on an unofficial visit to Tennessee, per a source. ~ Twitter

Anyone know anything?

Not all that under the radar, Indiana offered a few weeks back, and has quite a few high majors offers already.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're a Vol fan, but how does a basketball fan that lives in KY end up a UT fan anyways? What is the story behind that?

Well I grew up with my dad being a uofl fan and my uncle lived in I think sayerville Tennessee and during the tourney my uncle checked me out of school to see Tennessee play that day I think against Winthrop and I saw lofton hit that buzzer beating 3 and I was a lofton fan then I would get heck for liking lofton so I became a Tennessee fan In general

Reactions: 3 people
Indiana isn't big name, get outta here dude lol, your UK bias is starting to show.

I've been plain about my uk bias since before you ever joined. I've never liked Indiana, I hope the program stays in the toilet where it belongs for many years. Their program is absolutely crap right now with all the players gone. They have a few players I like, but it don't expect much from them. I'm still butthurt over Watford. Hardwood understands.

Kind of like when we saw something in Chris Lofton and he hung 30 on yall every time we played

Every program will find a diamond in the rough now and then. What did lofton ever do after college though?

Every program will find a diamond in the rough now and then. What did lofton ever do after college though?

What does that have to do with anything? I always wondered how Cal's mercenary one and done recruiting would impact that fanbase. Now there's an emphasis on how good of a pro they are?

Honest question: what does it matter what he did after college?

Pointing out that while he was a fantastic player in college and made nightmares for UK he was nothing more than that. A very good college player. That doesn't make it any less impressive or any take anything way from the player or UT for finding him, just making a mute point I guess.

Indiana is a major offer in name. Not surprised they are offering someone like wright in 2016, they need a lotta help.

Either way not gonna derail yet another thread with kentucky related stuff. I'm always gonna see things through a blue lens, been saying that all along.

Born in Louisville before growing up in Tennessee, I was a Vol fan. In basketball, after the Vols, I followed UL and IU. IU was big time. Anyone with 5 national championships in basketball including a perfect season even if it has been more that 25 years is still a major offer.

Born in Louisville before growing up in Tennessee, I was a Vol fan. In basketball, after the Vols, I followed UL and IU. IU was big time. Anyone with 5 national championships in basketball including a perfect season even if it has been more that 25 years is still a major offer.

Its like us offering in football. We are down but people still see Tenn on the offer list and think "dang this kid must be pretty good"

Well I grew up with my dad being a uofl fan and my uncle lived in I think sayerville Tennessee and during the tourney my uncle checked me out of school to see Tennessee play that day I think against Winthrop and I saw lofton hit that buzzer beating 3 and I was a lofton fan then I would get heck for liking lofton so I became a Tennessee fan In general
Excellent reason then.

Its like us offering in football. We are down but people still see Tenn on the offer list and think "dang this kid must be pretty good"

Because both schools even when they suck will still pull in at least average, if not better than average recruiting classes. Part of being having a great history.

I probably dislike Indiana more than any other program, for many reasons, it's hard to admit they are a major offer sometimes. I still remember watching as a kid crushing them by almost 40 points.

Pointing out that while he was a fantastic player in college and made nightmares for UK he was nothing more than that. A very good college player. That doesn't make it any less impressive or any take anything way from the player or UT for finding him, just making a mute point I guess.

So, that's a lot of words to say that it really doesn't matter at all what he did after college.

Pretty weak defense of that argument.

So, that's a lot of words to say that it really doesn't matter at all what he did after college.

He's putting him down because he didn't make the NBA. Which is really curious since his favorite UK player is Saul Smith.

It wasn't even an argument. Simply a comment about Lofton, something that I was disappointed when it never happened. Like I already said, he was a big miss, someone who have us trouble, and someone I remember trying to be like when I was learning the game.

VN Store

Back