Jordan McRae not with the sixers?

O&W

Taco Jaco
Saw the rookie photo shoot group picture today, I didn't see McRae. Does that mean he didn't make the team?

The Sixers like him a lot, I don't think they have came to a deal yet either, idk if that could be a reason why.

He would have to have some sort of contract otherwise he would not be allowed to play in the summer league.

No. All summer league participants make like $100 a day and their flights to Vegas and hotel stays are covered by the franchise that invited them. But it's not like they have a real NBA contract.

Summer leagues are pretty much like tryouts for a lot of guys. They're trying to earn roster spots in the NBA or even overseas. There's lots of international scouts at summer league games.

No. All summer league participants make like $100 a day and their flights to Vegas and hotel stays are covered by the franchise that invited them. But it's not like they have a real NBA contract.

Summer leagues are pretty much like tryouts for a lot of guys. They're trying to earn roster spots in the NBA or even overseas. There's lots of international scouts at summer league games.

That's right! He still hasn't signed a contract so he wouldn't be included in the photo shoot. You could say the same for a few other rookies that haven't signed yet either. Just because a player is playing in the Summer League doesn't mean they have signed with any team. It's a tryout like you said for many players.

I think after Jordan's performance this summer he's going to be in good shape in regards to making a roster.

I just don't see him making the 76ers 15 man roster. He could slide into a spot but most other 76ers have officially signed. That's 14 players under contract right now. The only players not under contract are the rookies like Embid & McDaniels to go along with McRae.

That's 3 players competing for that 1 leftover spot on the team. You would think Embid is certainly the higher priority. I just don't see McRae making the roster. He might be cut & then sign with some other NBA team but I don't see it being the 76ers. I think it's more likely that he does sign with another NBA team but get assigned the D-league!

I just don't see him making the 76ers 15 man roster. He could slide into a spot but most other 76ers have officially signed. That's 14 players under contract right now. The only players not under contract are the rookies like Embid & McDaniels to go along with McRae.

That's 3 players competing for that 1 leftover spot on the team. You would think Embid is certainly the higher priority. I just don't see McRae making the roster. He might be cut & then sign with some other NBA team but I don't see it being the 76ers. I think it's more likely that he does sign with another NBA team but get assigned the D-league!
no they dont.....they have 11 guys under contract and thats not even counting some that may not be under contract when they break camp. Jordan Mcrae will be with the Sixers this yr if he has a decent camp.

VN Store

Back