Dortch on Lopez!

The article confirms the OP's post. What is your problem?

I don't have a problem, but when the same thing keeps being argued and talked about it gets annoying. So no I don't have a problem. Thanks for asking.

Edit: and the OP was saying that Lopez would've started and I don't see that being said in the article.

Reactions: 3 people
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Best to move on, stop discussing a player who will likely never play another game at Tennessee, and discuss our new PG...

Agree. Now, can we stop discussing coaches who will never coach another game at Tennessee?
I've been all for that, some just can't help bringing up the past though it seems.

BTW, I enrolled you in Freak's "How to properly quote" class, it's this Sunday at 6:00am, hope that works for ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Says he would have played 10-12 minutes. Sounds about right.
Why don't you add the rest? "After a couple of sessions, Tyndall was talking about playing Lopez 10-12 minutes a game in the 2014-15 season. “You can trust him,” Tyndall said then. “He can come in, play four or five minutes a half, maybe have a couple of assists, not turn it over. He’s going to play.”
As time went on, and Lopez continued to impress, his projected playing time increased. Then came the injury.
“It’s a shame,” Tyndall said. “The kid had worked hard all his career, and then he fell into an opportunity where we had a need, and he could help us fill it. I feel for the kid.”
If, as Tyndall said in a press release announcing that Lopez would miss the season, the senior had a chance to start, where does that leave the point guard position?

Why don't you add the rest? "After a couple of sessions, Tyndall was talking about playing Lopez 10-12 minutes a game in the 2014-15 season. “You can trust him,” Tyndall said then. “He can come in, play four or five minutes a half, maybe have a couple of assists, not turn it over. He’s going to play.”
As time went on, and Lopez continued to impress, his projected playing time increased. Then came the injury.
“It’s a shame,” Tyndall said. “The kid had worked hard all his career, and then he fell into an opportunity where we had a need, and he could help us fill it. I feel for the kid.”
If, as Tyndall said in a press release announcing that Lopez would miss the season, the senior had a chance to start, where does that leave the point guard position?

I agree that lopez put himself in the position to start maybe not the first few games but he would have started
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm not getting sucked into an argument about how much playing time a player who will never play for us this season would have gotten. The team has moved on knowing they wont have him. Someone will step up. Hope Brandon has a fast recovery and can help the team in film sessions this season.

Reactions: 1 person

SD, do you know what coach speak is?

SD, do you know what coach speak is?
Yeah, it's an excuse for some people to not face reality. It's really common sense. No one else has ever played the point on the team. It's also a 22 year old smart enough to get a degree in Marketing versus a freshman. It truly amazes me that no one except Spartavolucus could see the truth. Also, some coaches don't lie, period. I know your favorites do. And don't forget, I know someone close enough to know what was going on. With all of the transition, I just lucked out. How else do you think I have been so certain about it when no one else was? I have also spoken personally to Coach T.

Yeah, it's an excuse for some people to not face reality. It's really common sense. No one else has ever played the point on the team. It's also a 22 year old smart enough to get a degree in Marketing versus a freshman. It truly amazes me that no one except Spartavolucus could see the truth.

This is pure gold, the posts which Sparty was making fun of you on this topic, clearly flew over your head lol.

With a rare except, when D1 programs get to the point where they are relying on walk ons to play, they are in trouble.

I don't even know what to think of SD anymore, is he doing this to put on an act or is he really this ignorant

VN Store

Back