Would you support Tyndall if he were to take Chad Frazier?

Would you support Tyndall if he were to take Chad Frazier?

• Total voters

bleedingTNorange

I'm curious as to everyone's opinion on this, and given it's the offseason thought it might provide some good basketball related discussion.

Chad Frazier was the starting PG for UAB last season, averaging 35mpg 17.7ppg 4.3apg 3.3apg 1.1spg leading to him making C-USA 1st team, and winning C-USA newcomer of the year. Frazier spent his first 2 season at the JUCO level before committing to UAB.

On June 5, 2014 Frazier was arrested for a domestic violence charge, the story is linked...

UAB's leading scorer not returning following domestic violence charge - CBSSports.com

Obviously the domestic violence is a very serious charge, and shouldn't be looked lightly at. The fact is however that on college sports these types of guys find new homes, would you be ok with him at Tennessee? If Tyndall isn't willing to take him you know someone else will be, maybe someone else in the SEC, or possibly an OOC team on our schedule.

Given the PG situation, and that this guy would only have 1 year of eligibility, would you support Tyndall if he were to take Frazier? Since Frazier was a JUCO his first 2 years he wouldn't require the same waiver the SEC denied McKnight with, and since he is apparently being "run-off" by UAB, he could use the "run-off" waiver that Anthony Hickey used and be eligible immediately.

Last edited:
Good question, hitting a female several times with a closed fist is pretty rough. I didn't see in the article if he has ever been in trouble before. That could be a factor in any decision on him.

Reactions: 1 person
Good question, hitting a female several times with a closed fist is pretty rough. I didn't see in the article if he has ever been in trouble before. That could be a factor in any decision on him.

I agree on this, and have also looked. If this is 1st issue, I would lean towards taking him, if he's gotten in trouble before, I wouldn't.

Jmo

I agree on this, and have also looked. If this is 1st issue, I would lean towards taking him, if he's gotten in trouble before, I wouldn't.

Jmo

If it's the first issue I think I could give him a chance. Although he would be on a short leash and I'd make sure he knew it. Also I would want to see if there was some way to get him in like anger management programs or something along those lines. Idk if schools are allowed to require that or provide that according to NCAA rules but if you could id have him in one.

I'm curious as to everyone's opinion on this, and given it's the offseason thought it might provide some good basketball related discussion.

Chad Frazier was the starting PG for UAB last season, averaging 35mpg 17.7ppg 4.3apg 3.3apg 1.1spg leading to him making C-USA 1st team, and winning C-USA newcomer of the year. Frazier spent his first 2 season at the JUCO level before committing to UAB.

On June 5, 2014 Frazier was arrested for a domestic violence charge, the story is linked...

UAB's leading scorer not returning following domestic violence charge - CBSSports.com

Obviously the domestic violence is a very serious charge, and shouldn't be looked lightly at. The fact is however that on college sports these types of guys find new homes, would you be ok with him at Tennessee? If Tyndall isn't willing to take him you know someone else will be, maybe someone else in the SEC, or possibly an OOC team on our schedule.

Given the PG situation, and that this guy would only have 1 year of eligibility, would you support Tyndall if he were to take Frazier? Since Frazier was a JUCO his first 2 years he wouldn't require the same waiver the SEC denied McKnight with, and since he is apparently being "run-off" by UAB, he could use the "run-off" waiver that Anthony Hickey used and be eligible immediately.

Pearl would take him if he was still the coach at UT. So yes.

He made a bad mistake. One he should never make again. Forgive but don't forget. Get him some help i.e. anger management. Now we have dealt with the off-court player. I would support CDT if he took him.

I'm not condoning hitting women to any existent; however, for guys who have had a chance to take a very attractive woman out you can understand that at times it can get frustrating. I took a woman out one time, she was super attractive, and she drank so much throughout the night that she tried to take my pants off in public. I'm not saying hitting woman is ever ok, but there are times that you have to take some responsibility for the situation at hand. That doesn't mean you hit the woman, but guys have a right to express their dislike in women's actions. Again that expression shouldn't be a hit to a woman's face, but it looks almost as ugly when you have to make a scene in public because a woman is crossing that line of self respect and humility. I say find all the details out, and if this is his only episode of this type of behavior get him some off the field help and give him a second chance.

Last edited:
Sure! standards and reputation are over rated anyways........Heck, let's have a seperate website and assign :( = is just one citation, but not convicted :( :( = one citation, but a misdamenaor offense + 1 game suspension from last school :( :( :( = a real dirt bag, but can really play and was a 5* out of high school.....you get my drift.

When you start down this path, it can blowup in your face quickly. Some parents might not want that influence around their boys.

I'm not condoning hitting women to any existent; however, for guys who have had a chance to take a very attractive woman out you can understand that at times it can get frustrating. I took a woman out one time, she was super attractive, and she drank so much throughout the night that she tried to take my pants off in public. I'm not saying hitting woman is ever ok, but there are times that you have to take some responsibility for the situation at hand. That doesn't mean you hit the woman, but guys have a right to express their dislike in women's actions. Again that expression shouldn't be a hit to a woman's face, but it looks almost as ugly when you have to make a scene in public because a woman is crossing that line of self respect and humility. I say find all the details out, and if this is his only episode of this type of behavior get him some off the field help and give him a second chance.

So are you saying you "expressed" your dislikes from an attractive woman whom was trying to take your pants off? :boobies:

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not condoning hitting women to any existent; however, for guys who have had a chance to take a very attractive woman out you can understand that at times it can get frustrating. I took a woman out one time, she was super attractive, and she drank so much throughout the night that she tried to take my pants off in public..

Am I the only one not seeing the problem here....

:)

No. Not without significant concelling and that is not a 6week corse. If he's gotten caught than a promise this isn't the first time. this can be a pattern of violence that can take years to overcome. So no.

All for giving people a chance for redemption, but it has potential to come back and bite us in the ass. Idk.

I have two questions that come up in my mind weach time that I read these stories.

#1 Why does one school kick them out for crimes against humanity, then another like school has to give a 2nd(16th) chance? Why does the first not take them back later? Why is the 2nd school so lenient, but not the first?

#2 Legally I know of no difference related to gender concerning assault and battery cases like this. Legally all sorts of equal rights laws and regulations designed to "level the playing field" for men and women have been championed in the past 2 generations.
Yet, when it comes to "violence against" issues, there seems to be a built-in and socially acceptable "inequality" where it's much worse for males to assault females. A few years ago, I read a study where domestic abuse was 16% female on male. I know its a "study" ... Just saying i read it. Lawyers were saying convictions /punishments were nigh impossible for female abusers. For example, why do Americans generally have a "Poor pitiful you" or "honey you deserve it" mentality towards Tiger Woods ex wife? She beat him w a golf club and hospitalized him. Yet many laugh and say he deserved it. If the tables of adultery and retaliation were reversed would people feel the same way @ Tiger beating her for it? We all know the answer to that. Why is this?

Just askin'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I have zero respect for any man that hits a woman, they are a punk ***** IMO I don't care if the guy is the second coming of LBJ.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back